The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:14 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Good day all, I just received a beautiful 2004 Crosswind purchased from Japan (seller Closer0924, very reputable) and noticed upon inspection the reference number on the watch A13355 is different than the one stamped on warranty card, A149C08PA.

Can anyone verify if Japan may have used different references at that time? The ref on the card doesn't coincide with anything I can find, however when I google search that number the blue crosswind comes up in some search results.

Unfortunately sometime in its life the watch was polished so I cant see the serial anymore, but I did check the date stamp in between the lugs which showed somewhere around March of 2001, and the bracelet was date stamped mid 2003, while the warranty card is dated December of 2004, so all the dates jive for the most part.

Any info on this strange reference number appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
The fact that the reference number doesn't match the warranty card and it's got a missing serial number would get it sent right back if it was mine and not noted beforehand.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:53 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
vintage wrote:
The fact that the reference number doesn't match the warranty card and it's got a missing serial number would get it sent right back if it was mine and not noted beforehand.

I actually did more searching around for Japan Store warranty cards, and every picture I could find of one online showed different reference numbers than we see here in the US... and similar to the one found on this watch I bought

The serial number is of less concern to me on a 16 year old watch, if it was a 2 year old one I would raise an eyebrow, honestly I have seen quite a few crosswinds without serials on the cases

Cheers, thanks for the reply