Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:16 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Hello,
I'm waffling between a pre-owned Aerospace Evo Night Mission, and the new Avenger Automatic 45 Seawolf Night Mission which only seems to be available "new" from ADs at US$4,795. (see: https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches ... 19101B1X1/)

What's the typical discount one can negotiate with an AD like Tourneau?

I think I saw 15% somewhere, but before I go in, I'd like to know what to expect.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:19 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Breitling (like many manufacturers) are clamping down on discounts and not delighted by ADs offering them, so it may be best for any respondents to reply by PM, esp/y if mentioning any particular AD.

HLR likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:20 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Great, thanks for the input. Please PM me directly if you have any suggestions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:31 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Tourneau does not normally offer any discounts off the MSRP with any of the watches that they sell. What they will offer is 0% financing for 30 months on certain purchases. Best to go to the AD of your choice and ask what they can do. Depending on your location there should be 2 or 3 choices.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:56 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

56scooter wrote:
Tourneau does not normally offer any discounts off the MSRP with any of the watches that they sell. What they will offer is 0% financing for 30 months on certain purchases. Best to go to the AD of your choice and ask what they can do. Depending on your location there should be 2 or 3 choices.

I was at Tourneau two weeks ago looking at the Aerospace Evo, and the salesperson said the MSRP “was negotiable”... so I’ve been wondering just how much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:53 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
You can always call the AD in my signature.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

HLR likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:12 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

HLR wrote:
56scooter wrote:

I was at Tourneau two weeks ago looking at the Aerospace Evo, and the salesperson said the MSRP “was negotiable”... so I’ve been wondering just how much.

Not sure where you are located but the Tourneau's in the NYC metro area have never negotiated below MSRP anytime that I have ever dealt with them. If your sales associate said it was negotiable why didn't you ask how much they were willing to take off?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:17 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

56scooter wrote:
HLR wrote:
56scooter wrote:

Not sure where you are located but the Tourneau's in the NYC metro area have never negotiated below MSRP anytime that I have ever dealt with them. If your sales associate said it was negotiable why didn't you ask how much they were willing to take off?

Because I wasn't ready to buy at that moment and I don't believe in wasting their time in negotiating if I'm not ready to actually purchase.

I am in the "greater" NYC area. I bought my first new Aerospace in 1998 from a Toureau actually in NYC for, I think, about $1350, which was negotiated down quite a bit from MSRP. But that was 22 years ago. They also threw in a Victorinox pocket knife and a Mont Blanc leather notebook "for free". IIRC, I walked to three different Tourneau shops in NYC to negotiate the best price (they were not all the same).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:33 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

If the sales associate was the one who mentioned the MSRP was negotiable I don't think that it would have been in bad taste to ask what type of discount they were referring to. It you negotiated for 15 minutes back and forth and then walked out, yes that would have been wasting their time. Any consumer needs to make an informed decision when making a purchase, if the sales associate puts "something" on the table I would be asking exactly what they were offering. Just my two cents.

PS If you are in the Metro NYC area then you can do a heck of a lot better by going to one of the independent Breitling dealers that are located in the area. They have no "corporate" policy and are free to do what they like!

HLR likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:28 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 4 posts
I’ve bought a few from an AD and 10% was typical. That was many years ago though. Last one I bought straight from Breitling and obviously received no discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HLR likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:21 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Well, thank you gentlemen. I took Jason's advice and contacted the AD in his sig (I spoke with Ryan), who was very knowledgeable, helpful, and gave me an acceptable offer, with no sales tax, shipped to NJ. But I wanted to actually see the watch in person before accepting his offer. I went to a local AD who had just gotten one specimen in stock today (he called me to let me know he got one in). I shared with him the offer from the first AD, and he said he'd match that offer, including sales tax, "out the door". Well, I just couldn't not accept his offer, as that was what I was willing to pay already from the first AD. I didn't even try to negotiate him lower than that, as I thought that was a very fair offer for a watch I could wear home today. So I'm now very happy with my new acquisition!

Attachment:
IMG_9643.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AirbusA330 likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:40 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 14 posts
When I picked my Avenger Chrono 45 up the other week, I mentioned that I has seen the watch duty free at the airport, quoted the price and they did their best to get close. All told, I managed to get £680 discount just for asking, which is impressive seeing as five minutes before the sales assistant was adamant that there couldn't be discount available on brand new models, as this model only came out Oct/Nov 2019.
It's always worth asking for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:37 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
jnelson3097 wrote:
You can always call the AD in my signature.

I can attest that they are an excellent AD.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:45 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 37 posts
try airports if you're travelling... they usually wipe the VAT off! ;-)

Mark Twain

- -- - -- -

Navitimer World
Avenger Seawolf
SuperOcean
Crosswind Special
Headwind
Montbrillant Datora
SuperOcean Heritage 46