Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:51 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
New member here -- second post!

I bought my Breitling Aerospace new in 1998, and have worn it everyday since! I love this watch!

Here's a poor photo of it last year when it was malfunctioning, I believe due to a bad battery (nothing I did could get it out of this test mode). I had it serviced and they replaced the battery and it was good for a while...

Attachment:
areo.jpg

... until recently the LCD panels now have some dead pixels, I don't have a photo, but it looks like a jagged diagonal swatch running across both panels. The watch also periodically stops. I sent it back to the AD (Tourneau) for a repair, and likely needs a new movement. Three to six weeks out.

In the meantime, I'm wearing a 1966 Twin-Jets Navitimer that was my cousin's father's watch (he was a pilot and AOPA member, as was my father). The crystal is really scratched up, and I just ordered some polish to fix that.

Attachment:
navi.jpg

But now I have my eyes on a new or pre-owned Aerospace Evo Night Mission (V7936310). Saw one at the AD the other day, and woah, that's a nice watch!

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.49.05 PM.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:53 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 12 posts
HLR wrote:
New member here -- second post!

I bought my Breitling Aerospace new in 1998, and have worn it everyday since! I love this watch!

Here's a poor photo of it last year when it was malfunctioning, I believe due to a bad battery (nothing I did could get it out of this test mode). I had it serviced and they replaced the battery and it was good for a while...

Attachment:
areo.jpg

... until recently the LCD panels now have some dead pixels, I don't have a photo, but it looks like a jagged diagonal swatch running across both panels. The watch also periodically stops. I sent it back to the AD (Tourneau) for a repair, and likely needs a new movement. Three to six weeks out.

In the meantime, I'm wearing a 1966 Twin-Jets Navitimer that was my cousin's father's watch (he was a pilot and AOPA member, as was my father). The crystal is really scratched up, and I just ordered some polish to fix that.

Attachment:
navi.jpg

But now I have my eyes on a new or pre-owned Aerospace Evo Night Mission (V7936310). Saw one at the AD the other day, and woah, that's a nice watch!

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.49.05 PM.png

How much is the new movement from Tourneau?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:05 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
lgbalfa wrote:
Thanks

I just dropped it off yesterday, so I don't have a quote back from them yet. But from what I've read online (elsewhere), the replacement movement which I believe is the current B79 with a different caseback fitted, is about $700. I don't know if that includes labor or is just the movement. But I suspect it will be about $1000 total.

I'm undecided whether to get it repaired, or apply that $1k to the EVO Night Mission I am obsessing over. :)

Last edited by HLR on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:07 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 12 posts
HLR wrote:
lgbalfa wrote:
Thanks

I just dropped it off yesterday, so I don't have a quote back from them yet. But from what I've read online (elsewhere), the replacement movement which I believe is the current B79 with a different caseback fitted, is about $700. I don't know if that includes labor or is just the movement. But I suspect it will be about $1000 total.

I'm undecided whether to get it repaired, or apply that $1k to the EVO Night Mission I and obsessing over. :)

That is a hard question since your current Aerospace might have sentimental value.

HLR likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:56 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 28 posts
Is it me or I think the crown is made of different metal, a steel probably, as shining bright silver, compared to the matt dark silver titanium case and bracelet?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:18 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 3 posts
I got my second, an Avantage:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitadoc likes this post.