Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Breitling Chronomat 44MM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:48 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I searched the forums and I know people have discussed purchasing from ebay and some of the dangers. Knowing that, I wanted to get this forums opinion. I am new to watch collecting and wanted a Breitling but I am having trouble justifying an $7K-$9K purchase for a watch.

I am more comfortable spending $2K-$4K for a luxury watch. That being said, I found a newer Breitling Chronomat 44MM on eBay. It is the exact watch I have been eying for a while (AB011012/C789). The pictures on eBay include the registration card, original retail packaging and the serial numbers seem to be matching between the watch and the papers in the photo. The eBay seller has 100% positive feedback and has been on eBay since 2001. He said he got the watch as a gift but never actually wore it. The question I have is that even though the watch was never registered with Breitling and the registration card was never completed, does Breitling enforce making sure I got the watch through a authorized retailer and therefor wouldn't accept me sending in the warranty registration card without a receipt, authorized retailer and salesperson info?

Thanks for the help!

Brad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:56 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
The registration card is generally unrelated to the warranty. It's just to get a free hat. The warranty needs to either be a dealer stamped and dated booklet or a dealer activated electronic warranty card in order for there to be a valid warranty. If it doesn't have those then assume no warranty. It doesn't impact servicing down the road but any issues would be out of pocket.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk