Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chronomat 44 GMT
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:23 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Been thinking about adding another Breitling to my collection and was thinking about the Chronomat GMT model.
I know there are 2 sizes of this watch 47mm and 44mm, have only tried on the 47mm version but am afraid my wrists just cannot carry it off. Looked great though with the polished bezel and case.
So the logical step is the 44mm version but my AD doesn't have one in stock at the moment but from looking at the pictures it looks like a satin finish bezel, polished case and bracelet - am I right in thinking that?
Also, anyone any thoughts on the in-house 04 movement? Some serious money for me so would appreciate any opinions. Thank you

Last edited by Lincon on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Chronomat 44 GMT
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:37 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
You are correct — these models do have a brushed bezel, with a polished case and bracelet (with the exception of the two-tone versions, which have polished bezels).

I love the B04 movement on my Chronomat GMT 44 (I also have a B04 TOC). It is quite precise in making its way around the dial. I think this model is a complete winner. I’m still wondering whether a B04 will reappear once the Chronomat line is re-introduced in the coming months.

Post subject: Re: Chronomat 44 GMT
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:52 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 20 posts
I own a Chronmat 44 GMT B04 (my first luxury watch), Satin bezel & polished case, "black eye/grey", grey dial with black counters. Size is perfect for normal size wrists. I had it on bracelet, strap, and rubber. You can make it less "bling" if you use a leather strap or rubber.
The new versions in full satin finished looked strange to me, maybe I'm used too much to my watch, I prefer the satin/polish combination.
Perfect all round watch, water resistance is ok (I went to ocean & pools), my daily watch for more than 3 years. Only issue I had with B04 is with chrono subdial, I had to sent the watch for revision (under Warranty) because the minute totalizer was "jumping" 1 or 2h but this was not everytime I used it (I don't have this issue with the B01). I suppose it is because I wasn't using the chrono so often. Otherwise it keeps perfect time, GMT function is nice while traveling and nice looking (red arrow).
I also own the Rolex Pepsi, I must say that the readibility of the Chronomat is perfect even if the dial is more "busy/cluttered". I went to get it out of the bank safe this morning, and it will be my next 2 months daily wearer.
It's a good add for a collection, they can also be had a a great discount on 2nd hand market or grey dealers. I'm sure you can even get a good discount if you find a dealer that has it in stock. Cheers

Old Navitimer II TwoTone Blue/Yellow Gold
SO 42 LE Orange
Galactic Chrono II 44 Blue dial