It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chronospace vs Aerospace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:47 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi All,

Newbie here looking to buy my second Breitling.

I have long admired the Aerospace Evo and had contemplated on purchasing one on numerous occasions but for one reason on another never pulled the trigger.

This time i was set on purchasing it until i saw the Chronospace (one with additional pushers) and now cant come to a decision on which one i want to purchase... I love the look of the Chronospace as to me it looks a bit more like a Breitling (if that makes sense) but im not sure if i can get over the size being 48mm.

Ive had plenty of G-Shocks in my time which most of you will know can quite often be around this size or bigger and more recently had the GPS Rangeman which came in at nearly 60mm - now this didnt feel all that big but being a G you kinda expect it so didnt seem out of place, im worried that the Breitling will be completely different as it is a much more sophisticated looking watch.

The model i have been looking at is the 2010 Jet Team Limited Edition (with the Jet and the Logo instead of the 3 and 9 numerals), shopping online im not in a position to try it on for size so dont know whether to bite the bullet and pull the trigger or go for the safer option in the Aerospace.

The Chronospace doesnt appear to be a very popular watch so i suspect that most people will advise me to get the Aerospace but wondered if anyone could give me some advice on both to help with my decision.

I had also looked at the B-1 and Airwolf, both of which i really really like its just about finding the right spec one, in the right condition for the right price.

Thanks for your time in reading my post and i look forward to your replies.

All the best
Pete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:17 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 13 posts
I’m on my 6th Aerospace, I don’t think I’ve worn any watch more. Slim, light, especially on a titanium bracelet. I had a Chronospace but let it go a few years ago. It just felt cumbersome for my narrow wrist and I worried about bashing it. I also have a B1 which I find is an ideal size but my wrists are around 17.5 cm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
happy_chapie wrote:
I’m on my 6th Aerospace, I don’t think I’ve worn any watch more. Slim, light, especially on a titanium bracelet. I had a Chronospace but let it go a few years ago. It just felt cumbersome for my narrow wrist and I worried about bashing it. I also have a B1 which I find is an ideal size but my wrists are around 17.5 cm.

Thanks for your response... you say your on your 6th Aerospace - how many of those remain in the collection and why did you get rid and re purchase?

See i dont think my wrists are far off being the same size as yours, did you have much overhang from the lugs? cant seem to find a lug-lug distance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 13 posts
I’ve still got my Repetition Minutes from 1998 which was the first Breitling I bought, whilst unusually having holiday money left over when passing through Singapore duty free. I have an Avantage and the 43mm Evo. Not sure of lug size but all the Aerospace’s fit beautiful.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:58 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 12 posts
Pedronev85 wrote:
Hi All,

Newbie here looking to buy my second Breitling.

I have long admired the Aerospace Evo and had contemplated on purchasing one on numerous occasions but for one reason on another never pulled the trigger.

This time i was set on purchasing it until i saw the Chronospace (one with additional pushers) and now cant come to a decision on which one i want to purchase... I love the look of the Chronospace as to me it looks a bit more like a Breitling (if that makes sense) but im not sure if i can get over the size being 48mm.

Ive had plenty of G-Shocks in my time which most of you will know can quite often be around this size or bigger and more recently had the GPS Rangeman which came in at nearly 60mm - now this didnt feel all that big but being a G you kinda expect it so didnt seem out of place, im worried that the Breitling will be completely different as it is a much more sophisticated looking watch.

The model i have been looking at is the 2010 Jet Team Limited Edition (with the Jet and the Logo instead of the 3 and 9 numerals), shopping online im not in a position to try it on for size so dont know whether to bite the bullet and pull the trigger or go for the safer option in the Aerospace.

The Chronospace doesnt appear to be a very popular watch so i suspect that most people will advise me to get the Aerospace but wondered if anyone could give me some advice on both to help with my decision.

I had also looked at the B-1 and Airwolf, both of which i really really like its just about finding the right spec one, in the right condition for the right price.

Thanks for your time in reading my post and i look forward to your replies.

All the best
Pete

Let us know what you decide.

I have the Aerospace and love it.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:41 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 17 posts
I chose this yesterday from AD. I'm very happy with it. Image

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:18 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 10 posts
I got my first aerospace 3 weeks ago and it hasn't left my wrist....even when I sleep. Needless to say ,its so comfortable i dont feel it on my wrist. Its gorgeous and perfect size.

Oris aquis depth gauge
Oris Artelier Worldtimer Centennial
Omega Seamaster PO XL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:46 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 3 posts
What is the bracelet you have? Looks nice and am curious. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 17 posts
stoltp wrote:
What is the bracelet you have? Looks nice and am curious. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if you are referring to mine or the other poster, mine is the ti bracelet that comes with it. I suspect the other bracelet is as well. It's extremely comfortable. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:41 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 9 posts
I'm about to pickup a 5 yr old aerospace with co pilot , totally love them , had a few over the years and it'll complement my airwolf.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:01 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 12 posts
The Aerospace is the best watch that I have owned.