The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:21 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
So, over the last couple of years, a variety of new straps, clasps, buckles, etc. have been introduced by Breitling.

First question -- does anyone know if these items are catalogued anywhere so that they can be easily viewed (and purchased :wink:)? If not, they should be.

Honestly, there are some very cool new offerings! Would love to be able to peruse the overall collection. Incidentally, I truly miss the full functionality of the old website, where one could check out the look of all kinds of straps on any particular model.

In particular, there are some cool new leather/mesh imprint straps (among others) that look quite interesting (like the "sand" strap offered with one of the Avenger GMT models, etc.)

Incidentally, anyone know the reason that the Aviator 8 line now has a 23mm lug width? Any particular reason, aesthetically or functionally, other than an effort to generate new strap sales? :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:28 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
re 23: yes. aesthetics. stupid. Guy (no pun intented) is now at TAG Heuer.

re straps: there’s a database for dealers (unsure if ready), will verify the status and if there are any plans to make that publicly available.

some straps are really nice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:40 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
Moana43 wrote:
So, over the last couple of years, a variety of new straps, clasps, buckles, etc. have been introduced by Breitling.

First question -- does anyone know if these items are catalogued anywhere so that they can be easily viewed (and purchased :wink:)? If not, they should be.

Honestly, there are some very cool new offerings! Would love to be able to peruse the overall collection. Incidentally, I truly miss the full functionality of the old website, where one could check out the look of all kinds of straps on any particular model.

In particular, there are some cool new leather/mesh imprint straps (among others) that look quite interesting (like the "sand" strap offered with one of the Avenger GMT models, etc.)

Incidentally, anyone know the reason that the Aviator 8 line now has a 23mm lug width? Any particular reason, aesthetically or functionally, other than an effort to generate new strap sales? :D

The strap situation has been a sore point with me lately, just don't have the flexibility as there once was. As far as the web site, many of the specs. listed are just wrong or missing, particularly some of the head weights. How hard is it to get the numbers correct on watches that have been available for months, ridiculous.

The 23mm lug width on the Aviator 8 has kept me from buying one, love some of the dial designs but that lug width was a poor move IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:41 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
The new leather straps on the Avenger look very interesting. I'd love to see them in real life and then possibly add pick up a black for my Chronomat Airborne and then maybe a blue for my Superocean Heritage.

I really want to check out the new ECONYL straps and see how they look. I think the blue with white straps would be great to pair with my Superocean but my only fear is that the strap is insanely expensive for a Nato strap, something like Omega did with their own brand of Natos where they charge $185. I get that these represent a good cause, but if the price is comparable to the new leather straps show on the Avenger, I think I'd more inclined to pick up one of those and buy a cheaper Nato elsewhere.

I do miss the old website where you could pick any strap to pair with a watch. I know there are a couple of options with each watch now, but I'd love to be able to see how the different color leather straps would look on each model.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:58 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
jnelson3097 wrote:
The new leather straps on the Avenger look very interesting. I'd love to see them in real life and then possibly add pick up a black for my Chronomat Airborne...

I'm also wondering how the "sand" strap might look with our version of the Chronomat Airborne... :wink: