Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 01 Movement Issues
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:15 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi all, I have a Navitimer 01 that was purchased in November 2014. The watch was for a milestone event and I did not open the box until May 2016. Within the first eight hours of wearing the watch, the chronograph broke, the red second hand would not stop and the 3 o'clock and 6 o'clock did not count elapsed time. I sent the watch to Breitling and they serviced the watch in June of 2016.

Fast forward three years, the chronograph is broke again. This time the six o'clock subdial counts at double rate (30 mins elapsed registers as one hour). The watch is three months out of warranty, I spoke to the Breitling boutique in NYC about this and they said that Breitling should fix free of charge given how close to the end of the warranty it is. Also note that I wear this watch in rotation with other watches, the total time worn on the wrist is less than a year in total since the watch was purchased.

I sent the watch to Breitling and received an email that they will service the watch at full cost of $850 to me, contrary to what the boutique staff indicated. I am very disappointed with the 01 movement at this point, I've own numerous other watches (Rolex, Omega, Tudor, JLC, other Breitlings with Valjoux movements) and I've never had a problem with a movement like this. Overall I'm quite soured by the reliability of the Breitling 01 for a watch that is rarely worn. I will send another email to Breitling's customer service, but if they don't stand behind the watch I think I'm moving on from Breitling, I can't justify spending any more money with the brand if these are the issues I can expect.

Curious if anyone else has a history of issues with the 01 movement.

Post subject: Re: 01 Movement Issues
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:50 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
I had the 04 (gmt) movement in my Chronomat and it was fine but I only kept it 2.5 years, so it still had decent warranty left which helped sell it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:53 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
Only issue I had was with my Chronomat about 3 months after I got it. Something broke with the crown and it was fixed within a couple of weeks and sent back to me.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:01 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
I recall threads on this forum about some issues early on with the 01 movement, would have to do a search to dig them up. If I remember correctly they had to do with the chronograph function. I personally know one person who had to send his early 01 Navi back within a few weeks of purchase for a chronograph issue.

Haven't heard of any issues recently though.