It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Navitimer Pan American
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:22 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello everyone,,
Bought my new Navitimer Pan American last September after fell in love with it. Over the next months, it was consistently fast 7 seconds, just outside specs. Reading posts I was going to give it several months to settle down before taking it back to AD to get it adjusted. I thought 4 months was enough time to settle down but was still consistently 7 seconds fast. The day before I was planning on taking it in, it became 5 seconds fast and remained 5 seconds for the next two weeks. I had been used to a Casio G-Shock with "atomic time" setting itself every day and subconsciously was disappointed it was not super accurate.

Well, starting last week, it is right on. Started checking it every night and has not lost or gained a second in over a week. I guess I am now satisfied completely.

Beautiful watch and now super accurate. Totally sold. Guess it is a keeper.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:13 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Great news, but I'd also say you've been incredibly lucky to have no deviation at all. Most of the time decent mechanical watches will fluctuate a little - maybe a couple of seconds fast one day, may a second low the next etc. Often that evens out over time, but to be constantly dead on is quite rare.

I know mechanical watch accuracy can be frustrating if you're used to atomic clock accuracy, but I find it helps to remember that COSC specs (-4/+6 secs) represents 99.9977% accuracy. To get that level of accuracy from a bunch of cogs, wheels and springs (with not a circuit-board in sight) is nothing short of incredible IMO.

Site Moderator

Nihon_Ni likes this post.