Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:57 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello,

Unfortunately my experience with Breitling's service centre have have been somewhat disappointing, In the 3 months I have owned my B50 Cockpit it has been in my possession for one month and has just returned to Breitling again.

Im considering switching to a Navitimer specifically the older A23322 model. I have contacted a number of watch repairers and received contradictory information regarding parts availability for the watch, I understand the movement is an ETA 7753 with some Breitling modifications.

My question is are parts for the A23322 available to independent repairers including parts modified by Breitling?

Thank you for your time, I have only just registered on the forum but I have been lurking for some time.

John

Edit:

Forgot to add I’m based in the UK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:07 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Welcome aboard, Unfortunately the B50 seems to have experienced more than a few teething issues as other members have noted in the past.

With regards to parts availability if you pick up a Navi, Breitling don't supply OEM parts of independents, so you will have to use BUK for servicing and repairs if you want to keep your watch original. TBH this is true of the vast majority of prestige watch brands.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:00 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hello Driver8, thank you for your reply.

Apart from resale value are there any downsides to using non OEM parts? Ive considered the B01 version but decided against it due to apparent reliability issues and being locked into Breitling customer service.

John

EDIT:

Just to clarify I'm mainly referring to movement parts, I understand for example if I broke the crystal it would probably have to go back to Breitling.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:50 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Well the issue you will have is getting hold of any parts that are bespoke to Breitling. You may be able to replace more standard parts by using non-OEM, but bespoke parts will be impossible to get. At which point you'd end up with an independent watchmaker having to "MacGuyer" it back into life, or you'll have to bite the bullet and send the watch in to Breitling.......and then suffer an inevitably bigger bill replacing non-Breitling parts.

Personally, I think serving at the mothership is just part and parcel of owner these kinds of watches.

Just as an aside, and I know you don't want to use BUK for servicing, but I wouldn't say there are any glaring reliability issues with the B01 these days.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:08 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks again Driver8,

Regarding the B01 I have to admit the Navitimer my heart desires is the 46mm with the display back.

To make the jump I would need to get an idea how many make it though the 5 year warranty without requiring intervention, if Breitling sticks to the service costs providing the watch isn’t damaged and precisely what they have done to correct the faults. I find it a little concerning there appears to be so many B01’s on the second hand market.