Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Serial numbers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:52 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Can anyone point me in the direction of the serial numbers for my Super Avenger II and Super Ocean Heritage 46 Chrono ?
The serial number for my datejust 41 is on the card I got with it but the only number on my Breitling cards is the COSC number.
I’m re insuring them all and they are asking for the numbers.

Post subject: Re: Serial numbers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:02 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
The serial number is engraved on the case-back under the model number. The model number for the SAII will say "A13371", and "A13320" on the SOHC. If there isn't a serial number below the model number then it may have been removed/polished off as some grey-market sellers used to do that a few years ago. Likewise the serial number should be completed on the warranty card, usually handwritten by the AD (assuming you've got the older cardboard warranty card). Again, on grey-market-sourced pieces sometimes the card isn't completely filled in. A lot will depend on where you bought it as the serial will definitely be there if you purchased new from an AD.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Driver8 wrote:
The serial number is engraved on the case-back under the model number. The model number for the SAII will say "A13371", and "A13320" on the SOHC. If there isn't a serial number below the model number then it may have been removed/polished off as some grey-market sellers used to do that a few years ago. Likewise the serial number should be completed on the warranty card, usually handwritten by the AD (assuming you've got the older cardboard warranty card). Again, on grey-market-sourced pieces sometimes the card isn't completely filled in. A lot will depend on where you bought it as the serial will definitely be there if you purchased new from an AD.

Bought both from the same AD but nothing written in the books.
The SOH is the old style but the SA II has the digital card thing.
I’ll have another look at the case backs tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:15 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
jordan1708 wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

I've not bought a Breitling since the new digital cards have been introduced (although I assume they would be pre-loaded with the relevant info from the factory? Maybe not), but either way the AD certainly should've completed the information for you, and especially on the old style warranty card. As you purchased new from an AD, the serial numbers will definitely be on the case backs. It will be a 6 or 7 digit number, more faintly engraved than the rest of the markings, usually below the model number as I say.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:28 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Driver8 wrote:
jordan1708 wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

I've not bought a Breitling since the new digital cards have been introduced (although I assume they would be pre-loaded with the relevant info from the factory? Maybe not), but either way the AD certainly should've completed the information for you, and especially on the old style warranty card. As you purchased new from an AD, the serial numbers will definitely be on the case backs. It will be a 6 or 7 digit number, more faintly engraved than the rest of the markings, usually below the model number as I say.

Ive just looked at the watches again.
They both have faint numbers as you say below the model number but they are the same numbers that are on the COSC certificates.
Are these the serial numbers or only a number to do with the COSC certification ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:35 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
https://www.breitlingsource.com/articles_refnos.shtml

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:52 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
jordan1708 wrote:
They both have faint numbers as you say below the model number but they are the same numbers that are on the COSC certificates.
Are these the serial numbers or only a number to do with the COSC certification ?

Yes, they should be the same.
Number of COSC (punctured) should be a longer number which doesn't correspond to any other number.