The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:53 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 4 posts
Hi, I read on a site that if an Emergency 2 is sold in say for example the USA, It has to be recommissioned to work in another country. The article was related to a Bentaga model, It was actually being sold on ebay for £7500, but it needed the battery replacing plus the above. It stated that it had to be done by Breitling at a cost of £1008!
Just wondered if anyone can confirm this. I am probably going to try & source one 2nd hand but don't want to be landed with that kind of bill....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:27 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
It might be necessary.
The frequencies of 121,5 MHz and 406 MHz are International Aviation Distress frequencies, and the same all over the world.
The new 406 MHz needs to be mapped to the new owner, but there shouldn't be any need of changing the watches hardware.
This will be done from Breitling only, it cannot be done from a third party watch maker.
I think this can be done as part of a Service, and yes, the service is quite expensive.
For the Emergency 1 it was already in a similar range (~700-1000 EUR), so your number could be right.

But easiest way is to quickly call your local Breitling Service Center (I guess you are from UK) and ask them. Maybe, if the watch is in a good condition, they may change the code for you for much less.

Arcam likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yes I am in the UK, and i do have fairly regular contact with the UK service centre. Thank you for the insight, I am looking at a few on Chrono24 and even a lot of the European dealers have USA origin watches. Prohibitive customs charges would prevent me from buying one direct from the States, Which is a pity as their watches are priced very competitively.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:32 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
Yes, unfortunately.
Iwas looking for one for myself, but the high prices over here in Europe have scared me off. You cannot get it for less than 12k EUR from what I know.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:03 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Do we know if the mapping is only for the continent? Reason I ask is that there are a few watches in Europe for sale, Being a Saturday I cannot contact the service centre until Monday, Just wondering if anyone knew?