Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Got The Breitling Bug
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:28 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I want a GMT and have been looking at The Super Ocean, Avenger ll and the Colt. I don't know much about the Colt. Is this sort of a "junior" Breitling? At first I had misgivings about the Super Ocean too, just because Breitling is so closely tied to aviation. Then after reading the history I realize it's a serious offering. So, I guess right now the Avenger ll and the Super Ocean are neck and neck, but I want to learn more about the Colt. I'd like for it to be 43mm or less because I don't care for the bigger watches on me. They look good on others. I can't get used to them on my own arm is all.
What do you more experienced "Breit guys and gals" think?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:52 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 174 posts
From my own experience, the Avenger GMT is the one I'd go for, nice slim case & very wearable 43mm case. If you have a look around they can be bought at good discounts from AD's or some great prices in the pre-owned market. Colt's are nice too though as long as they are automatic movements. Hope you find the 'one'.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:18 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 62 posts
There is a lot of Breitling Colts. The Colt series seems to be a little lower in price and may have a slightly simpler design/finishing. Here is some more info: http://www.breitlingsource.com/models/colt.html

I have a Breitling Colt Chronograph II (among other watches) and I really like it. It is "super quartz", basically it means the quartz movement is much more accurate than normal quartz. Mine runs about 3-4 seconds slow a year, I guess. The way they manage to do this is to make the temperature of the (high end) quartz itself more stable than in a normal quartz watch.

And if you choose a quartz watch with a chronograph you will not really notice the second hand ticking, since the second hand will be on a small sub-dial.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:40 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
The Avengers GMT would be my pick due to reachability. But I’m sure you’ll make the best decision for yourself

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:26 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Nothing wrong at all with the Colt range over the years, and as Mr Roy said above there's been many different variants over the years. But you are correct in as much as they have always been very much entry level pieces - again, nothing wrong with that, but worth being aware.

Site Moderator