The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
 
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:01 am 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:13 pm
Posts: 281
Likes: 19 posts
Liked in: 40 posts
Location: UK
With the launch of Breitling's 21st-century PC image, I was expecting to see some of the no-longer-used pop-art display stuff for sale, but have so far found nothing. Anyone else seen anything, or have any ideas about what's happened to it? There must be loads of it.

_________________
Regards

Steve


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:02 pm 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:35 am
Posts: 48
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 20 posts
Location: New York, NY
The girl riding the red missile statue would be a great find. I do wonder where those went...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:22 am 
Offline
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:39 am
Posts: 12223
Likes: 65 posts
Liked in: 240 posts
Location: Rip-Off Britain
ernesto wrote:
The girl riding the red missile statue would be a great find. I do wonder where those went...

One of the “Betty On The Bomb” statues sold recently on eBay for the frankly eye-watering (and very Breitling-specific) amount of £1884.84. I believe it was purchased by a guy on one of the FB Breitling groups. Quite a nice novelty item, especially as the rather misogynistic pop-art style is now history, but almost £2k??? :shock:

_________________
Driver8

Site Moderator
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:35 am 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Posts: 321
Likes: 1348 posts
Liked in: 520 posts
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
In this crazy world maybe it will fetch 20k pounds in 2 years from now, so somebody bought it as investment :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:37 pm 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:46 am
Posts: 26
Likes: 12 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
Driver8 wrote:
ernesto wrote:
The girl riding the red missile statue would be a great find. I do wonder where those went...

One of the “Betty On The Bomb” statues sold recently on eBay for the frankly eye-watering (and very Breitling-specific) amount of £1884.84. I believe it was purchased by a guy on one of the FB Breitling groups. Quite a nice novelty item, especially as the rather misogynistic pop-art style is now history, but almost £2k??? :shock:


Yep one of our BO1884 guys bought it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:39 pm 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:27 pm
Posts: 484
Likes: 39 posts
Liked in: 38 posts
Some of the Roy Lichtenstein art would be cool, but I imagine Breitling takes that all back. Maybe WatchFred has it all.

_________________
Current collection: Breitling Superocean Heritage I 46, Rolex Submariner, Swatch X ****** Sistem51



bstewart likes this post.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 am 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:59 am
Posts: 614
Likes: 203 posts
Liked in: 253 posts
Location: "The Big Apple"
mwheatley wrote:
Some of the Roy Lichtenstein art would be cool, but I imagine Breitling takes that all back.


Do you mean the Kevin Kelly pop art?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 am 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:27 pm
Posts: 484
Likes: 39 posts
Liked in: 38 posts
56scooter wrote:
mwheatley wrote:
Some of the Roy Lichtenstein art would be cool, but I imagine Breitling takes that all back.


Do you mean the Kevin Kelly pop art?


Yes, I knew it wasn’t Lichtenstein but didn’t know who it was. I should have been clearer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Current collection: Breitling Superocean Heritage I 46, Rolex Submariner, Swatch X ****** Sistem51


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
 


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group