Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Blue Christmas
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:15 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
So after a long wait, today was finally the day I've been waiting for a long time. I went back and forth on a few different models but a trip to a couple of ADs in November helped make my decision a lot easier. I thought this was the watch for me when it was announced at Basel this year but went back and forth on it. After seeing it at Yamron in Naples in November, I knew it was perfect.

One of the biggest hesitations was the mesh bracelet, but after trying it on, I couldn't believe how comfortable it actually was. I was able to wear the watch for a few hours today and now after another quick adjustment with the clasp, it fits perfect.

The best part about this watch is the blue dial and bezel. Breitling does blue dials so well and it shows with this watch. The shade of blue on the bezel is perfect and I love how the blue dial changes depending on the light. The display back is a nice feature as well but I didn't get any pictures of that. I won't go on about the movement since I've had enough experience with it in my Chronomat. Enough of my rambling, here are the pics. I like the newer style box and I think the leather travel as actually feels like the leather is a better quality than previous models that I've had.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

3 people like this post.
 Post subject: Re: Blue Christmas
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:33 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Very nice Justin.

Apparently the travel cases are actually genuine leather now as opposed to the old "pleather" ones. I still think it's a bit of a shame that the old Bakelite cases went the way of the dodo, but I agree the travel cases are much nicer than the old ones.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:15 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Driver8 wrote:
Very nice Justin.

Apparently the travel cases are actually genuine leather now as opposed to the old "pleather" ones. I still think it's a bit of a shame that the old Bakelite cases went the way of the dodo, but I agree the travel cases are much nicer than the old ones.

The bakelite cases were really nice. This is technically the fourth different version of case that I have since I have the original bakelite, the next version that came with my Airborne, the Skyracer came with it's own version, and now this one. You can definitely tell these new cases are real leather opposed to the previous versions. It also has kind of a weather feel to it, sort of like an old bomber jacket which I really like. I hope the button clasp won't wear over time but to be honest, since I have the 2 watch travel case, I probably won't use this version much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:43 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Apparently the travel cases are actually genuine leather now as opposed to the old "pleather" ones.

jnelson3097 wrote:
You can definitely tell these new cases are real leather opposed to the previous versions.

Over the last few years, all of my Breitlings have come in genuine (albeit black) leather cases. They are very nice.

That being said, I far prefer the look and feel of the saddle leather version that now comes with new Breitlings. I'd trade out my black travel cases for the saddle leather version in a heartbeat! :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:03 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Moana43 wrote:
Driver8 wrote:
Apparently the travel cases are actually genuine leather now as opposed to the old "pleather" ones.

jnelson3097 wrote:
You can definitely tell these new cases are real leather opposed to the previous versions.

Over the last few years, all of my Breitlings have come in genuine (albeit black) leather cases. They are very nice.

That being said, I far prefer the look and feel of the saddle leather version that now comes with new Breitlings. I'd trade out my black travel cases for the saddle leather version in a heartbeat! :)

It's been quite a few years since I bought a new Breitling, with the last one being supplied in one of the final (and biggest and best) Bakelite boxes, and the travel case in that was definitely pleather, not real leather. The new one here looks great though : it'd just be nice if the outer box was wood instead of cardboard, but at the end of the day the packaging is just the icing on the cake, and it's ultimately the watch that counts (obviously!).

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:23 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I tried out the blue rubber aero strap today and was amazed at how comfortable it was. I can easily see wearing this strap for an extended period of time to give the mesh a break.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:46 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
jnelson3097 wrote:
I tried out the blue rubber aero strap today and was amazed at how comfortable it was. I can easily see wearing this strap for an extended period of time to give the mesh a break.

I’ve always thought that was a cool take on a rubber strap. Looks great on your new SOH!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:06 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

I'd love to see any of the new SOH/SOHC models on an ISOfrane. I think this watch is just crying out for one of them.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:09 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I'd recommend this rubber strap to anyone. When I compare this to the rubber strap on my Skyracer, this strap is way more comfortable. The Skyracer strap is still pretty stiff while this one has a lot more flexibility in it.