Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat

It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: More service stories
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Just dropped off my wife's orange Emergency with the orange UTC bracelet at the NYC Boutique after getting the EOL flash on the display. I went back and checked the last service record, as well as checking the service records for the other Emergencies in the house. The batteries consistently die at about 26-28 months. I admit that it bugs the crap out of me to keep having to do full services on all of the SQ watches every two years, not to mention the cost at about $500 and the month or two delay. Were it an Omega, I could have dropped it at the Boutique and picked it up the next day at about 10 percent of the cost. The woman who took the repair in promptly placed the watch so that it toppled face down on the table. When I righted it and asked her not to do that, she was perfectly nonplussed. I also dropped of my titanium Seawolf for a full service and new crystal. She immediately asked me if it also needed a new battery...[!]. I politely suggested that she should get to know the watches that Breitling has sold in the past, and that no, it did not need a battery. The best part is that she then asked my why I was dropping it off if it didn't need a battery.......really. How has the brand sunk to such a level of service?

Post subject: Re: More service stories
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:42 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 32 posts
LindaPeterson wrote:
Just dropped off my wife's orange Emergency with the orange UTC bracelet at the NYC Boutique after getting the EOL flash on the display. I went back and checked the last service record, as well as checking the service records for the other Emergencies in the house. The batteries consistently die at about 26-28 months. I admit that it bugs the crap out of me to keep having to do full services on all of the SQ watches every two years, not to mention the cost at about $500 and the month or two delay. Were it an Omega, I could have dropped it at the Boutique and picked it up the next day at about 10 percent of the cost. The woman who took the repair in promptly placed the watch so that it toppled face down on the table. When I righted it and asked her not to do that, she was perfectly nonplussed. I also dropped of my titanium Seawolf for a full service and new crystal. She immediately asked me if it also needed a new battery...[!]. I politely suggested that she should get to know the watches that Breitling has sold in the past, and that no, it did not need a battery. The best part is that she then asked my why I was dropping it off if it didn't need a battery.......really. How has the brand sunk to such a level of service?
Good grief! I have also had a similar experience at an Omega and a Breitling Boutique.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:48 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 253 posts
LindaPeterson, Do you work for Omega or do you just have a genuine dislike for all thing Breitling? The least you could have done was change the story a little bit! What a wonderful first post, how long did it take to find the topic? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64886

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:17 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1143 posts
what a strange thing to do....

bstewart likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:06 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 311 posts
Ha and here I was thinking I was having a deja vu because that story sounded so familiar.... Apparently because it was a straight copy of someone else's post haha wtf!? Would love to know why someone would copy and paste someone else's post??? So weird

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

bstewart likes this post.