The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:41 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I own 4 and love the wings but that cheap A@@ Invicta has something similar on their junk Could this possibly be part of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:00 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 78 posts
So far I have asked different ADs and they told me that the wings steel versions on the Chronomat and Navi are still available, even though they removed the buck rogers Chronomat steel version on the website.

In my opinion the future developments will still depend on the sales results of the entire offerings. If results show that the new "B" versions totally outrun the wings versions, then I believe to discontinue the wings versions is quite likely, but if results show otherwise, I believe they will continue to offer both versions in the short run. I think to offer both versions is a good idea but perharps they can control production of the wings version, or offer the wings versions only in boutiques to make them more exclusive and desirable? I know no other brands offer 2 logos in their lineups, but that makes Breitling different isn't it?

Anyway I was drawn to this brand because of the wings. The "B" to me has no meaning to the brand, except that it's B for Breitling:p Interesting to see how the brand will progress next.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:12 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 4 posts
I don’t like the new logo and it will make me reconsider purchasing a Breitling without the wings.

MickeyWatch likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:54 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 32 posts
ItnStln wrote:
I don’t like the new logo and it will make me reconsider purchasing a Breitling without the wings.
Wings or no wings. What a gig this Mr. George Kern has before him. Well, reigning in from the hometown of Warren Buffett I must say Mr. Kern has a sizable investment of his own money in this Breitling brand. Also, so does the man that was a part owner of Breitling prior to the sale. This guy thought so much of Breitling and Kern he reinvested his money from the sale (sisters did not) back into the company. That my friends is a platform for sucess. It is my understanding the high end of each model will have wings. Why fix something that isn't broke? The chronomat high end sport model will have wings. An example would be a chronomat 44 GMT 2-tone. The smaller faced watch like the 38 is designed for an entirely new market, the one market Breitling has never been in prior to Kern, and that is China. Makes sense to me. And, I must say that the superocean is one beautiful watch. Hey, I'm wondering how much a Breitling with wings will increase in price if they in fact do cease with the wings. My expectation for Breitling and Mr. Kern is to make Breitling the number three Swiss watch brand. This should be your goal for Kern and company as well. Nothing less. Make Breitling the number three Swiss watch brand then go for up-setting the number two brand. Enough of the wings! For the first time, ever, Breitling fell out of the top fifty Swiss brands. This is south of plain silly, I truly believe I could do exactly what I'm demanding of Kern and company. To have a watch brand such as Tag having a better brand recognition then Breitling is nonsense. Listen sports fans, we in the know, we are well aware of the heritage, the first Swiss watch with the 5 year warranty, the chronograph, the bracelet, the case back, the reflective crystal on both sides. COSC all movements including quartz. Yeah we know, but unfortunately a lot of watch buying people do not. I also OK with cutting a few versions of watches. Sometimes less is more. Every now and again, when I want to endure some pain I will venture outside Breitling Source into another online domain. The citizens bad mouthing Breitling are the citizens comparing a Breitling to a Tag. A $1800.00 Tag to I suppose a colt quartz, I don't know for sure. But it does sound as such. Guys and gals, Breitling is producing watches with asking prices of $15,600.00 retail, which, can be purchased for 20% off from an AD. With tax, one is now in the neighborhood of $13,000.00 and change. This same watch, brand new can be purchased on the grey side for $8,350.00 and that includes the bank wire fee. Get rid of the grey side by making the Breitling brand priced fairly. Quality, quality, and quality. If this factor goes into the toilet, so does the brand. One excellent way to prevent this from happening is to have the people running the show with a sizable cash investment of their own money in the company. And they do. Bet on Breitling. But if you want a cosc certified quartz entry level Breitling, you better pull the trigger now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:48 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 389 posts
New "Chronomat JSP" special edition for Japan with Winged B logo:

https://www.breitling.co.jp/lp/chronomat_jsp/

Hopefully we'll see some more special editions stateside.

Attachment:
PSX_20181021_234451.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:15 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Rob S. wrote:

Attachment:
PSX_20181021_234451.jpeg

This is a good looking watch. Too bad the video not operational.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:20 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

rlrobson08 wrote:
Rob S. wrote:

Attachment:
PSX_20181021_234451.jpeg

The video plays in Chrome & Firefox, at least on my mobile device.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Rob S. wrote:

Attachment:
PSX_20181021_234451.jpeg

I thought the Winged B logo was no longer used on new watches?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:20 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

ItnStln wrote:
Rob S. wrote:

Attachment:
PSX_20181021_234451.jpeg

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=444439#p444439

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:26 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

rlrobson08 wrote:
ItnStln wrote:
Wings or no wings. What a gig this Mr. George Kern has before him. Well, reigning in from the hometown of Warren Buffett I must say Mr. Kern has a sizable investment of his own money in this Breitling brand. Also, so does the man that was a part owner of Breitling prior to the sale. This guy thought so much of Breitling and Kern he reinvested his money from the sale (sisters did not) back into the company. That my friends is a platform for sucess.

Indeed it is
rlrobson08 wrote:
It is my understanding the high end of each model will have wings. Why fix something that isn't broke? The chronomat high end sport model will have wings. An example would be a chronomat 44 GMT 2-tone.

I read that the Winged B logo would no longer be used on new models. I wasn't aware the high end of each mode will have the Winged B logo.
rlrobson08 wrote:
The smaller faced watch like the 38 is designed for an entirely new market, the one market Breitling has never been in prior to Kern, and that is China. Makes sense to me.

I agree and the 38 might be small enough to appeal to women as well.
rlrobson08 wrote:
And, I must say that the superocean is one beautiful watch.

It is!
rlrobson08 wrote:
Hey, I'm wondering how much a Breitling with wings will increase in price if they in fact do cease with the wings.

I'm wondering that as well.
rlrobson08 wrote:
To have a watch brand such as Tag having a better brand recognition then Breitling is nonsense.

:lingsrock:
rlrobson08 wrote:
Listen sports fans, we in the know, we are well aware of the heritage, the first Swiss watch with the 5 year warranty, the chronograph, the bracelet, the case back, the reflective crystal on both sides. COSC all movements including quartz. Yeah we know, but unfortunately a lot of watch buying people do not.

Their heritage is why I first got a Breitling. That and all of my family members who are aviators wear Breitling watches. :lingsrock:
rlrobson08 wrote:
I also OK with cutting a few versions of watches. Sometimes less is more.

Exactly, if they're not selling, why keep them?
rlrobson08 wrote:
The citizens bad mouthing Breitling are the citizens comparing a Breitling to a Tag. A $1800.00 Tag to I suppose a colt quartz, I don't know for sure. But it does sound as such. Guys and gals, Breitling is producing watches with asking prices of $15,600.00 retail, which, can be purchased for 20% off from an AD. With tax, one is now in the neighborhood of $13,000.00 and change. This same watch, brand new can be purchased on the grey side for $8,350.00 and that includes the bank wire fee. Get rid of the grey side by making the Breitling brand priced fairly. Quality, quality, and quality. If this factor goes into the toilet, so does the brand.

Indeed, that might just eliminate the gray side of Breitling.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:30 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Rob S. wrote:
ItnStln wrote:
Rob S. wrote:

Attachment:
PSX_20181021_234451.jpeg

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=444439#p444439

Thanks! I didn't see that post on Instagram. Hopefully the Professional and Navitimer lines keep the Winged B logo as the B logo would look terrible on an aviator's watch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Rob S. wrote:
rlrobson08 wrote:
Rob S. wrote:

Attachment:
PSX_20181021_234451.jpeg

The video plays in Chrome & Firefox, at least on my mobile device.

Chrome user here. Maybe, (probably operator error on my part) I did not give the video time to download? Anyway, will try later. Still, I think Breitling hit it out of the park. The contrast brush and polish finish will have people looking hard!

People whom have never owned a Breitling prior, will be looking at this watch very hard!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:02 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
Rob S. wrote:

Attachment:
PSX_20181021_234451.jpeg

That is a great looking Chronomat. I suppose that what helps to make it a “special" edition is the fact that it does not have contrasting subdials (which does not conform to the stated — and, unfortunate, in my view — protocol of having contrasting subdials on all new Breitlings with in-house movements). The inclusion of the wings logo on a new Chronomat is welcome, and appropriate.

This is a good sign, methinks. That being said, why this edition should be limited to the Japanese market, rather than distributed more broadly, is puzzling. It should be more widely available.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 6 posts
I think that it's possible, as Kern says, to co-exist.

The B logo on the heritage and the premier lines, and to some degree even the Navi (I know! Sacrilege! Don't shoot me!) look very elegant and potentially open the market to those who like a softer, more vintage and less aggressive style.

But for the professional ranges - the proper tool watches - the wings are essential. My Blackbird or a B50 would look absurd with the B.

As an earlier reply mentioned, though, they do need to be careful not to water the brand down too far. Lose sight of what made you great, the people who made you great and the reasons those people wanted the product and you ultimately lose the brand.

Jaguar Land Rover are finding that out now...

The defender was right to be retired but their dogged pursuit of Chinese wealth, Russian Oligarchy and high turnover, high wealth fashion buyers to the extent that, once retired, they had no commercial vehicle offering to fill the gap it left has hurt them very badly indeed.

2003 A13353 Chronomat Blackbird
2007 Aerospace Avantage (sold)

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

today i entered at a store and didnt like almost any breitlings, some look like tag, its an awfull thing, since i love breitling since a young boy, love the old breitling so much 2000-2010 was a good decade after that we had the blacksteel fever... and after that very few to even consider. its sad

Omega Planet Ocean Chrono 9300 Co-axial Ceramic on SS bracelet

MickeyWatch likes this post.