The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:24 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 3 posts
I wear my Chronomat B01 Blue every day as it is my main watch. The lack of wings does not bother me as the Flying B goes back to the more traditional Breitling look and I understand that certain lines will feature that logo with other lines still retaining the newer winged B logo.

I like the layout, the color, and the brushed steel finish. I just could not enjoy the previous polished Chronomat with the SciFi number on the bezel. The new style works better for me.

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:54 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 85 posts
Flyoverguy wrote:
I wear my Chronomat B01 Blue every day as it is my main watch. The lack of wings does not bother me as the Flying B goes back to the more traditional Breitling look and I understand that certain lines will feature that logo with other lines still retaining the newer winged B logo.

I like the layout, the color, and the brushed steel finish. I just could not enjoy the previous polished Chronomat with the SciFi number on the bezel. The new style works better for me.

I agree that the digital numbers on the bezel from the previous Chronomat 44 wasn’t so great looking, but I think Breitling got it right finally with the Chronomat 44 Airborne with their bezel design that also had the 15, 30, and 45 minutes markers too, which makes the bezel even more usable. Also, I think the dial looks too plain with just the B script and not even an 1884 under the Breitling name. I still love the winged logo too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:36 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 37 posts
My only complaint with the 2018 models is the lack of gold wings on the Navitimer models. I understand not having them on the dive or race watches, but they DO belong on the aviation models. That’s why I bought the AB012012 a couple of months ago and not the new model.