The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:20 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
For those of you interested in what I have experienced with my Transocean 1461 please read on and buckle up. It will leave you scratching your head and wondering where companies hire these people from... :evil:

So several years ago, I went to Tourneau and purchased my first Breitling watch, the Transocean. I immediately fell in love with it!! I was truly fascinated by all of the information given to me by the sales rep. He gave me one hell of a presentation. So I pondered it for a day or so and pulled the trigger and considered it a Christmas gift to myself. I had it for about a year and then it started to give me some problems and I took it back to Tourneau and I was sad to learn they were going out of business. They assured me that my watch repair would go smooth and once it was done a rep would contact me and have it shipped directly to my since their location would be closed in the next few weeks.
Over the next few days I felt lost without my beauty and I pondered getting another one so I went back to Tourneau and found a Navitimer that I really liked. I figured this would be a good rotator once the other one was back.

So a few weeks passed and Tourneau contacted me with the estimate to do some additional work in addition to fixing the glitch it had and I approved it. They told me it would be a couple of months to complete and I was ok with that. Time passed and waited and waited and I didn't hear back from them. So I reached out to them and they called me back. I spoke to a rep and I gave her the information since she had a bit of a problem finding me in her system. Then the tone of her voice changed and that concerned me. She told me she would have to get more information and call me back with the status.
Well I got a call from her and it was a bad one. :cry: Somehow they had lost my watch or someone had stolen it enroute to where I work. I was calm and asked her how they would resolve the situation. She told me they would replace it with a brand new one. I was cool with that. It would take another month or so to process every thing. So now I had to play the waiting game. I did ask them to do me a small favor and see if they could send me one with a plain black leather strap as I did not care for the brown croc strap and she assured me this could be done.

Time passed and zero communication and I was getting fed up with them because it was taking longer than expected. I called and the same rep told me the gentleman who approves the transactions was out of the office and would be back in the next week. I waited and waited and no contact was made on the status to see if it was shipped. So I called again and asked what was going on and this time I was told the fella was on vacation and now my patience was starting to wear and I was getting frustrated with their total incompetence. :huh She assured me when he got back he would contact me and I asked when that would be and so I waited for him to do so. And so I marked the day he would return and do you think that moron contacted me when he got back? No!! :x Now I was super pissed and I called on the weekend when they were closed and I raised holy hell with them and left them a very ugly message of how disgusted I was with their lack of customer service. :argue:
Miraculously, I got a call or email from the rep (sorry I don;t recall) on Monday. Do you think he apologized?? NO!!! :evil: :guns: Truly horrific. He just said my watch had finally been shipped. Nothing more and nothing less. What a jerk!! :guns: :guns:

So I got my watch and so let me ask you, do you think they bothered to give me the black strap I had asked for???? Nope. It came with the brow croc strap. Damnit. Here we go again. So I called the Tourneau rep and long store short they could not help me. So to hell with them I thought! :whiner: So I contacted the manager of the Tourneau store that closed where I had originally purchased my watches and she was truly appalled at their utter lack of service. She was super helpful and went over and above to solve my dilemma. She got on the phone and called one of the Tourneau reps and after a little bit of time was able to get me the strap I wanted.

It's an experience that I will never forget.

I wish I could say that I have my beauty with me, but this TO 1461 also had some quirks from the factory so I took it directly to the Breitling store that has just opened. It's headed by the former manager of the Tourneau store. She is one hell of a manager who deserves the opportunity. Kudos to her!!

The end.....Until I get my beauty back hopefully in the next few weeks....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:48 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Tourneau is way overpriced.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:01 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
wow sorry to hear this.