It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Navitimer World bent lug
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi,

I’ve had my brown crocodile strap on my world for the last few months. Yesterday I decided to swap it out and put the bracelet back on. To my dismay it won’t fit between the lugs it’s about 1mm too tight!! On closer inspection I can see a small mark on the top of one of the lugs that looks like it had a slight knock.

Is this an expensive fix only Brietling can sort or could I get an independent to look at it for me?

Thanks in advance

RK

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:02 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 168 posts
Roadkilled wrote:
Hi,

I’ve had my brown crocodile strap on my world for the last few months. Yesterday I decided to swap it out and put the bracelet back on. To my dismay it won’t fit between the lugs it’s about 1mm too tight!! On closer inspection I can see a small mark on the top of one of the lugs that looks like it had a slight knock.

Is this an expensive fix only Brietling can sort or could I get an independent to look at it for me?

Thanks in advance

RK

Hi,

I have trouble re-fitting the bracelet onto my Nav World too. I'd be really surprised if the ding actually bent the lug, surely you'd have felt one hell of a bang. Without sounding condescending, did you try both ends without the springbar just too confirm it simply won't fit?

I imagine all an independent might do is simply cover the lug in a protective cloth and gently nudge it with a hammer or just slightly twist in in a vice/pliers..... Just guessing.

My other guess is that Breitling will do a full service and give you a new case for the price of a compact car......

Davey

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:54 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi Davey,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried to upload some pics but my photobucket account is acting up (They really messed that up haven’t they). I change out my straps/bracelets every few months so I’m sure it’s bent :( I did think Brietling May have my pants down if I took it to them. I’ll take it to an independent and see what they say. I do prefer the look of my croco straps recently so it not a problem in the short term but I just like things right and it’s going to bug the hell out of me.

Thanks, RK

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:40 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 46 posts
My Navitimer Olympus had the same problem. When it was time for the complete overhaul I asked Breitling to take care of it and they did. They just asked that I send the bracelet also so they made sure it fits.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Breitling Navitimer 01
Omega Seamaster 300mc
Omega Speedmaster Pro "Mitsukoshi Mod"
Seiko Prospek Orange Samurai

Roadkilled likes this post.