Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:02 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi

I just treated myself to a lovely 2009 Navitimer A23322 in blue, bought from a firm in London via Chrono24. No problems with the watch itself. That is genuine and I love it.

However, I'm unsure about the Bakelite case. The picture I'm going to show is not mine, but it does show the type of box I've got.

Image courtesy of BreitlingSource member, Alinfrance.

So mine came in the same sort of outer box, which has a matt finish. The Bakelite box itself, the Breitling logo on top is flat printed in a kind of matt silver. It's not slightly raised and shiny as in other pics I see of this box.

Furthermore, on the underside of the box, it is completely blank. It does not feature the "Ecrin manufacturé en France Bakelit véritable" message and there are no molded dome feet.

Otherwise, the box seems fine. The interior is beautifully leather lined and embossed with the Breitling logo in the leather lining the inside of the lid. And it came with the black leather travel pouch, also embossed with the logo and including the leather cushion inside.

So. Is my Bakelite box fake. Or did Breitling go through a period of the boxes having a blank underside and non-relief logo on top?