Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:06 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 9 posts
I bought a new Breitling b50.
I want to ask how do I change the day that it was displayed full name like Monday will show Monday and not mon like now.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:39 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
It is a limitation of the LCD technology. It will only display a few of the days as a whole word, others will be a 3 character indicator.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:10 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 9 posts
superpop wrote:
It is a limitation of the LCD technology. It will only display a few of the days as a whole word, others will be a 3 character indicator.
You are right! Checked it today. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:02 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
Congrats. I got rid of mine 5 months ago. Enjoyed the watch while I had it but the timekeeping was very poor and BUSA refused to fix it.

Keep an eye on the adjustment rate. This watch should not gain or lose more than 0.04 secs a day to conform with the promised -/+ 15 seconds a year.

Mine was running slow out of the box losing over 30 seconds a year. Way off spec.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:32 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 14 posts
avantgardetime wrote:
Congrats. I got rid of mine 5 months ago. Enjoyed the watch while I had it but the timekeeping was very poor and BUSA refused to fix it.

Keep an eye on the adjustment rate. This watch should not gain or lose more than 0.04 secs a day to conform with the promised -/+ 15 seconds a year.

Mine was running slow out of the box losing over 30 seconds a year. Way off spec.

Agreed on the adjustment rate...I love the watch but it has been back once for poor timekeeping and might have to go back again. Meanwhile, my B-1 keeps astounding time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

termite wrote:
avantgardetime wrote:

Agreed on the adjustment rate...I love the watch but it has been back once for poor timekeeping and might have to go back again. Meanwhile, my B-1 keeps astounding time.

I still regret to this day selling my then mint Airwolf LE that had perfect timekeeping and even the alignment of the seconds hand was far better than the B50.

The B78 ETA movement is really solid. Same caliber in your B-1 assuming is a thermocompensated version.

How off is your B50 running?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:55 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 14 posts
"How off is your B50 running?"
When I took it in about 5 months ago, it was because when I set the watch to the atomic clock app, it would almost immediately drop between 5-10 seconds and hold that loss. Of course, the rep at the Manhattan boutique tried to pin it on user error. Having owned well more than a dozen Breitling SQ, I got past that hurdle and the watch went in for a service. I have not worn it much since I got it back but it appears to have lost the same 10 seconds...this is not like any other time keeping problem that I have come across. It seems to like running ten seconds behind every other SQ in the collection.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Mine was behaving pretty much in the same manner as yours. Losing time right out of the box and resetting the watch, even doing a full sleep-reset routine didn’t help. It went back 4-5 times to BUSA within a span of 6 months. Every single time I was told the watch was performing within COSC SQ specs of -/+ 25 secs a year. Mind you the watch was not capable to meet the SQ “Breitling” standard as stated in the owner’s manual of -/+ 15 secs a year. All they did was to send me a meaningless screenshot of their timing machine (Likely bogus as the screenshot showed an out of range time and date). When I pressed them on as to why my $8000 retail brand new watch could not meet the -/+ 0.04 sod gain/loss promised by Breitling, they just ignore me and kept saying that the watch as long as it kept within COSC. The bad news is that the watch could not even keep rate within COSC. It was losing 30+ seconds a year. What a piece of junk!

In the end they told me the watch could not be fixed/adjusted to my liking. So they shoved it back to me. After the last visit I just hated the watch and got rid of it. Took the opportunity to get something different and went for a new Rolex Milgauss GV Z-Blue. Yeah I know it is a mechanical watch, but Rolex does know and understand how to properly adjust a watch movement before it leaves Geneva. Mine gains 1 second a day which is remarkable for a mechanical and quite consistent too. The watch is factory adjusted to -/+ 2 seconds a day in 5 positions plus temperature.

I learned my lesson. The new generation of so called in house SQ Breitling movements are rubbish. The best Breitling SQ models are those based in the older but tried and true ETA thermo compensated movements. Still have my 42mm Aerospace that I love and it is running at 7 seconds per year!

Cut your losses and get rid of that B50. The older Breitling SQ Ana digis May not have all the bells and whistles but are far better and more accurate watches than the B50/55 crop.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I also politely asked them to goodwill the watch and replace it for another B50 or any other new Breitling watch of my choice with same or below retail price. They would not budge. They lost me as a loyal customer! BUSA doesn’t care it seems!