Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Online stores?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:38 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
I am generaly weary of buying most things from the net, too many cowards hiding behind a keyboard :roll: I can tell you that 80% of Cubans sold online are fake!! I am sure it is the same for fine watches.

So, where do you shop? I am looking for a place that offers really good discounts and is reliable, thanks!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:57 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi there,

Well, I can highly recommend Jomashop.com. I bought my Windrider Chrono with the 18k rose bezel and gold/steel bracelet from them a month ago and it's spectacular. The list is around $8000. The lowest I could get it all cash from an AD was $6400.

Jomashop had it for $5500 shipped! Watch came with everything. They even refunded my $50 overnight shipping due to an error that UPS made.

Some people have complained, but they were so affordable (relatively speaking of course), professional and courteous.

I would highly recommend them to anyone. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:26 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Thanks TimeOut, the watch I am looking at is in stock at a greatr price, but it seems that peoples reviews are either 5 or 1 stars for some reason its luck of the draw with them. But might just take a chance on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I've had nothing but great service and speed from Jomashop.com. Its like anything retail though, most of the positive experience buyers dont say anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:28 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Yeah I guess you are right, although most people seem to either have AMAZING or TERRIBLE things to say about them.

But sinse the watch I want is available at a decent price I guess im going to try them out. Anybody know if they scratch the serials off Breitlings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:21 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi Altair.

I don't think you'll be sorry. And, no, they do not scratch serials off. That was one of the first questions I had and I was surprised to learn they don't.

Let us know how your experience goes.

Best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:23 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
I don't have anything terrible to say about them, but I do have a lees than wonderful experience - take it for what it's worth.

They have a picture of a Cockpit Lady that my wife wanted and I was having real trouble locating - seems to not be a factory standard model - still they had a photo so contacted them to ask 1) was it available and 2) could they put it on a bracelet (or could I buy a bracelet from them separately) as it was on a leather strap.

I didn't have much luck with their customer service, they didn't seem terribly helpful and after a couple of back and forths the best I could get was 'out of stock'.

I realise that my ask was probably not something that they deal with every day, and the pricing definitely buys them some leeway from a customer service perspective - I don't expect the same treatment as I would from my AD, but just another perspective. I suspect if I had been looking to simply buy one of their in stock items then it would have been as smooth a transaction as others have suggested.

On your other point, Jomashop provides all of their watches with intact serials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:00 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I just shot them an email regarding the availability of the item, if its in stock ill just bite the bullet, will let you know how it turns out!!!!

On a side note my local AD just called me and informed that my Blua dial Evo arrived :D Will be picking it up tommorow and then start the wait for my Navi Olympus :lol:

Thanks for your input guys~~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:12 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I bought my Super Ocean Steelfish X-Plus from:

http://www.prestigetime.com/

It was 25% off, with no shipping costs. They were easy to work with, and it is very easy to contact them.

Best of luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:48 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
I just purchased my Breitling Navitimer World from www.prestigetime.com . I'll be happy to give you all a full report once I receive the watch on Monday.

I will say the initial call to Prestige Time was smooth. The sales rep answered all of my questions, and was quite knowledgeable about the piece I was buying. I would have loved buying from an AD, but every AD I checked was $7-800 higher.

~Brian