It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Watch Winders
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:05 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hello everyone,

I know you guys have talked about this before, I saw some of the recommendations admin made on a couple of diffrent model watch winders. Can anyone advice on a model around 150 to 200 max. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Check this blog post in my blog :)

http://blog.breitlingsource.com/2007/05 ... ch-winder/

I thought there was a neat ad for Underwood Winders.. it said "You didn't by an imitation watch, why buy an imitation winder?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:53 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I bought a winder made by ERS at watchwinderstore.com . Its a single winder and was about 170.00 shipped and with a 2 year warranty. This is my first winder so I am not sure how it compares to other more expensive winders but it looks nice and works well so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:35 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

After seeing this post last week I went to garinin.com and ordered a single winder. It was very inexpensive. $44.39 USD shipping included. I will post some pics and a little review. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow the 28th. This is my first winder so my review will be very basic. I hope they are as quiet as have read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:41 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
jmiliz wrote:
I bought a winder made by ERS at watchwinderstore.com . Its a single winder and was about 170.00 shipped and with a 2 year warranty. This is my first winder so I am not sure how it compares to other more expensive winders but it looks nice and works well so far.

I own a 4 watch ERS winder. I'm very pleased with it. It's operated with 110v power source, and has a nice finish on it.

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:47 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

OK. Here we go. I got the winder on the day as promised. Shipping was as promised and packed well. As I unpacked it all I could think was....plug it in...plug it in...and see if its quiet. So I plugged it in. OH NO! It doesn't work. The first time I plugged it in it started to turn but only made it about half a turn one way or the other. After looking at it a little it seemed that maybe shipping had jarred the movement a little so I did what anyone who works on electronics does. I hit it!!! Turns out I was right and a little jar got it going no problems. And oh my gosh this thing is quiet!! This winder is made of all plastic and is very light weight. It is exactly what I expected for the price I paid. I have been running it every day since I got it and do not hear it at night at all. It has a spring loaded watch holder that does a good job of keeping the watch steady. As you know I have a super avenger and it is a hefty piece and the winder does not care. It keeps it turning 1 hour and then off for 2. Here are some pic's (self explanatory). If you have any questions just ask. I would not hesitate to get another from this seller and or brand. I would expect that the others are just as quiet and do just as well. I hope this is helpful to you all. If you are looking for a simple winder at a low cost here it is. If you want the fancy wood and weight of the other brands then this is not the winder for you.

Chance