The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:56 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hey source... I am a Rolex guy by heart and own a few. I have always had a sweet spot in my heart for Breitling, and to be honest the first watch I ever fell in love with was a Super Avenger while out in Vegas. I recently came across a few pics of a Crosswind racing model (which I never heard of), but must say... it looks fantastic.

Would you guys be kind enough to school me on these fine looking timepieces?

What would fair market value for a used one be? How to they hold up value wise? How do they stack up to other Breitling models?

All help you guys could give would be appreciated! Here is the one I saw that I really thought looked awesome!

As a side note... Breitling has always been my ideal brand for aviation... Rolex (for me at least) has owned the racing and diving scene. So this one is a little off beat since its more gear to racing (like my Daytona).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:27 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
The watch pictured is actually the regular Crosswind and not the Crosswind racing. The racing version had a brushed case rather that the polished one as shown.

This is an older model which you would have to purchase used so the depreciation hit of buying would have already been absorbed by the original owner. So it shouldn't really depreciate more than it already has.

The Crosswind is one of my personal favorite chronomat watches as I think the Roman numerals were very well executed with the touch of lume, love the textured dial, and for someone like myself with smaller wrists the 43mm case fits really well.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk