The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:34 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
I love them because they have unique designs that IMO are a combination of being Bold, and Beautiful

Combined with the solid build quality, attention to detail, and being COSC certified (even though they may not all be of their own design, most being a Modified ETA); theres certainly a lot to love

And for all i think the price is a great value, especially considering these are Luxury watches

some argue about how expensive a watch needs to be to qualify as Luxury, High End, or other segments of the market; but i like to think of it as most people aren't into watches anymore, certainly not enough to spend $1000s on one, or having a collection of them

I also believe there can be further distinctions such as "entry level" placed before Luxury or High End

So i would proudly call Breitling Luxury but perhaps not High End; i would say there are a few exceptions in the Breitling Lineup, like perhaps a Limited Edition Chronomat, or a Gold Chronomat, regardless of if its a Limted Edition or not.

I particularly like the Avenger II models, the redesign to me is like its the design the Avenger series was always meant to be (the previous ones to me almost seemed like an odd mixture of vintage and modern, particularly on the Seawolf)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:35 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 174 posts
Breitling have such an extensive line-up of models that not many brands can match, if any. They are so well put together, rugged & beautiful at the same time, Chronomat for instance. I'm lucky to have two, Chronospace auto' & Superocean, without doubt my favourite watches in my modest collection & very unlikely to be moved on as I love wearing them so much.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:25 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 78 posts
-Nicest logo among all watch brands IMO.
-More attention to detail.
-Unlike most other brands who are just simply going for safe and classic looks, Breitlings are technical and instrumental looking. Makes you feel like you are owning more than just a watch, but rather a latest advanced piece of high tech instrument.
-It's a love and hate thing. They generally adopt more obvious cosmetic changes to their new models as compared to their predecessors. However they do retain the key iconic elements of the particular model. Therefore in a way, it makes every model version unique aesthetically while retaining its identity.
-More value for money since I am buying it as a keeper. Price is much cheaper as compared to other brands with similar qualities.
-I am a die hard fan of their B01 movement. It is the nicest movement I have ever seen IMO, due to their raw look and open construction. Also it is innovative in a sense that Breitling can easily modify the movement by adding complications on it without having to redesign a brand new movement.
-They have the nicest boutiques as compared to other watch brands IMO.
-They have many models to suit different tastes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:45 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 5 posts
Nice logo. Strong style. Built tough.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:20 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 8 posts
I never understood the whole Breitling allure until I put on an Avenger II Seawolf at the AD. Once I had tried one on and checked out the details and the fit and finish of the watch, I was hooked and plunked my money down. My Seawolf is by far the most accurate automatic I have owned and just feels right on my wrist.
I have already been checking out other models and trying to decide if I want to add another Breitling to the watchbox. I am liking the Aerospace Evo but am a little leary of titanium cases. We shall see I guess.
Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:41 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
I'm looking at the evo as well. What makes you Leary?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:05 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
Streetboss wrote:
I never understood the whole Breitling allure until I put on an Avenger II Seawolf at the AD. Once I had tried one on and checked out the details and the fit and finish of the watch, I was hooked and plunked my money down. My Seawolf is by far the most accurate automatic I have owned and just feels right on my wrist.
I have already been checking out other models and trying to decide if I want to add another Breitling to the watchbox. I am liking the Aerospace Evo but am a little leary of titanium cases. We shall see I guess.
Kevin

Since you mention the Avenger II Seawolf, it was my first Breitling, as well as my first luxury watch, before i only had watches up to $300 (excluding 1 Invicta that was more money due to a Meteorite dial and Valjoux 7750 movement), and i actually wanted a Volcano Black or Cobra Yellow, but found an excellent price on a Tungsten Gray, and while i never thought i would own a gray dial watch, theres so much to love with this "Tungsten Gray".

Previously the only Breitling Avenger watch i would of liked was a Code Yellow, but now that the Avenger II Series is out there with many bargains to be bought, i can see buying a few more (an Avenger II GMT, maybe a couple Chronographs) if i ever have the opportunity.

Streetboss likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:45 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 8 posts
I worry about marking up a titanium case and not really having a good way to restore the case to its original finish. I will probably take the chance anyway since I like the Evo model so much.
Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:09 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
I wouldn't say I love breitling. I love my watch though, transocean chrono, and I like a few other designs probably the navi and the SOH. My experience with the brand was soured by a b01 movement that had issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:58 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 27 posts
Some models are truly bold and beautiful. Lots of bang for buck. COSC. Iconic and instantly recognisable. Some models look scientific and professional. They feel rock solid. They have a nice heft about them. They're manly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:15 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 42 posts
I'm totally in love with the brand as you can see Image

[WATCH]️

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:11 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Quality and bold design for me!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:24 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 31 posts
Because they are simply awesome, have a good Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk