Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: B55 Exospace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:55 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
update update !! got a email from EJ, mr clark delighted to tell you your watch is in for collection . mmm i thought here we go , well off to lakeside essex 40 miles away went in showed the receipt and .......... out it come , plonked onto the desk , the assistant picked it up pulled off the plastic bracelet protectors ouch ! this is where i lost it , WHAT ARE YOU DOING i shout, I've left them on for a reason , and wheres the plastic id sticker with the bar code on from the rear case ? eh he grunted i dunno , i replied that as far as I'm concerned its no longer complete as it was when i left it . and the care thats been applied is not up to an acceptable standard , this watch is to be kept in immaculate as its not been worn , the long and the short of it is , the b55 has been sent back as i refused to accept it , and the saga continues , WHY can't people just respect other peoples property ? so to sum it up 80 mile round trip wasted, 3 hours of my prescious time wasted ,and a 5.5k watch still not as purchased and the watch gone for another extended period IS IT ME ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:42 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
I always post direct to BUK for that reason. Seen and heard too many horror stories of the way expensive watches are handled by (some) in-store staff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:12 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I bought the B55 Exospace watch a year and a half ago and I wholly regret the purchase. Yes, I agree that it is a very sharp looking watch but Breitling has along way to go to master the "smart watch" functionality. I have had nothing but problems with the watch and Breitling service department is the absolute worst of any watch (or any other product for that matter) I have ever owned, and it is still under warranty! Don't buy the B55. You will regret it. It is way over hyped and the watch (and the manual) are not user friendly or intuitive. I paid over $7,000 for the watch in Cozumel, Mexico from Diamonds International and right now the watch is sitting in my dresser drawer unusable, and Bretiling, nor their authorized dealers will stand behind the product. I have wanted a Bretiling for over 20 years and I finally bought one.... and boy do I regret it. I am looking at the Garmin D2 aviation watch which does WAY more than the B55 and it costs $5,500 less than a Breitling. And Garmin knows electronics, that is why they build avionics for airplanes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:27 pm 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 9 posts
shanehill wrote:
And Garmin knows electronics, that is why they build avionics for airplanes.

I wouldn't be so sure. I bought a Garmin Fenix 2 back when it was their flagship GPS HRM; it bricked after a year - right outside of warranty. Garmin would not cover it, but offered to do an overhaul for more than a third of the price I paid for it. I declined, and it's still in a drawer to this day. If the watch had been under warranty, I wouldn't have given up until I got the situation remedied. I don't understand why you're admitting defeat on a watch that is still under warranty and that literally costs more than 20 times what I paid for the Garmin. Perhaps you could elaborate on the problems, both with the functionality of the watch as well as on the service end, so we could better understand what happened.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:10 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 4 posts
This makes me glad I didn’t purchase a B55 Exospace.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:55 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62307

A potentially great watch spoilt by poor implementation and customer service.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:29 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 4 posts
Arcam wrote:
http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62307

A potentially great watch spoilt by poor implementation and customer service.

Thanks