The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:30 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I purchased a Breitling Emergency almost ten years ago from Feldmar Watches in Los Angeles. The watch has always run fast, about 5 minutes per month. I sent it into Breitling for their expensive service, which they completed, but they were unable to do anything about the fact that it runs fast. This is the most expensive watch I've ever owned and it's the only one I've ever had that runs fast (and my previous watches include cheap Timexes and Casios, all of which kept perfect time). Makes no sense to me. I don't believe it's a fake since it was serviced by Breitling.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:52 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Welcome hkroy.

If it's always run fast the obvious thing to have done would have been to insist that that was rectified when under warranty. It would have been a simple complaint: this very expensive watch is running (way) outside of COSC spec, fix it. When was it serviced? For, having missed the original-warranty window, you would then have been able to assert the same thing after the service, which is also warrantied. Honestly, I think you need to have been / be way more assertive with the selling dealer / BUSA. It's a shame it's spoilt your enjoyment of an iconic watch.

Futurama0088 likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:17 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for your reply, and right you are! I don't recall now whether that service (in Switzerland) took place before or after the warranty expired. I actually have continued to enjoy the watch. I just set it back 5 minutes every month!
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:09 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Well, at least you will always be early for appointments.

I don't get the excuse of not being able to fix the fault. Surely they have parts. It's not as if the watch was unknown to them. Very strange.

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:45 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 809 posts
As TomP said you also had a one year warranty from the service itself. So it doesn't matter whether that service took place before or after the original warranty expired. How long has it been since the service?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:10 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Gents, thanks for the input. I reported the fact that it ran fast when I had it serviced early on (I'm guessing within two years of buying it....it's 10 years old now). Unfortunately when I got it back, it continued to run fast (and the dealer was of no help). I just hope I never have to "pull the cord" for a rescue! (I picture myself pulling out 3 feet of Chinese dental floss....;-)