MontBrilliant 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:24 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi All

Big fan of Breitling here!
Beautiful watch with a shocking price tag :)

Iv been deciding on buying a Breitling but have trouble with deciding where to buy. There's not much selection here in New Zealand (lame).
So far i have narrowed my selection down to 2 styles ( Navitimer with white face and the MontBrilliant ). :drool:

As with anything in New Zealand, prices are horrendous!!!

Wheres the best place to buy? I have a few options:
1) Online
2) Duty Free in NZ
3) Duty Free in Hong Kong

Currently dont know prices with any of the above options.
Saving Tax is always good.... :)
Obviously im looking for a good price and not a fake.

New to the forum and hope to hang around for quite some time!

Wes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:46 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Breitling RRPs are set to be roughly equivalent worldwide, including taxes / GST, with obviously some fluctuations with currency changes.

HK is a duty free port so you will save nothing by buying there - ie there is no GST / sales tax. You will only save what you can negotiate.

Not sure what NZ GST is (about 15%?), having said that when I was last going throught Auckland airport, the breitling retailer there was clearing out all their stock at 35% off. This was back in June. That pricing was comparable to what I can get in Sydney.

Sydney is a very good place to Breitlings with about 5 dealers within 15 minutes walking distance - hence pricing is very competitive. You can also claim back Australian GST which is 10% when you leave the country.

If online check out forum sponsors, as well as ace jewellers in Amsterdam. European GST / VAT is approx. 20% so you will save that amount straight away as well as whatever discount you can negotiate with the dealer. Bear in mind you will likely have to pay NZ GST when the watch arrives in NZ.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:43 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
OK, firstly the Navitimer with the white dial is a Limited Edition so it may not be available in every Breitling outlet anymore. I'm sure you will find one if you look hard enough.
Secondly, I can not comment about possible discount levels in HK as it's been nearly three years since I bought a new Breitling here. Back then I managed to squeeze 20% off retail on a Limited Edition piece.
For your reference so you know the baseline, the standard Navitimer 01 on Navi bracelet retails at HKD83,370 and the Montbrillant 01 also on Navi bracelet retails at HKD79,060.
That's 10,744 and 10,189 in real Dollars respectively. No taxes, VATs or any other forms of government thievery in HK. Protests participation, currently free of charge bonus.

Cheers, another Wes.