Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A great AD experience
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:40 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Just wanted to share this - maybe it's nothing new to the veterans, but I was really impressed. My wife wants a Lady Cockpit, but I was having terrible trouble finding her the one that she wanted (despite Ron's sterling efforts - thanks Ron). The combination that she was looking for just didn't seem to exist - black face, stainless steel with gold riders and crown on a two tone bracelet. JomaShop had a picture of one on a strap, but didn't have it in stock, no one else had it - could get the SS on gold, but not gold on SS.

My AD (La Swiss in Toronto) didn't have one, but when I spoke to them they went out of their way to make sure that I got what I wanted - they have special ordered the watch for me by ordering the closest stock item and then specifying the changes that I wanted. The part that really blew me away was that I paid exactly what I would have paid for the watch had it been sitting in the AD's window - basically got the same discount as for my recent Cockpit purchase.

To me, just another reason to support the ADs. They estimated that the watch will be here late September / early October - only problem with that is the real temptation to cancel the order in favour of the bronze Montbrillant Lagende sitting in the AD's display case :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
That's great to hear! I have had great service at La Swiss in Toronto... specifically the one that carries the Bentley Line in Yorkdale. The lady that I dealt with was German.. I don't remember her name however. That's a great mall though... its got everything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:02 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

I go to the new store at Yonge and Bloor - dangerously close to my office. The entire staff bend over backwards to help and they really are a pleasant change from the usual superior attitude that is so prevalent at many of the Bloor-Yorkville area stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Oh wow.. there is a store on Yonge and Bloor? That's pretty cool.. having a store close to your work is indeed a dangerous thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:37 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Yep, right next to Stollery's - 2nd store west of Yonge on the south side of Bloor. I get the feeling that they are looking to build up their clientele - don't know if you will get better prices there than any of the other stores, but I sense a greater willingness to get to that price.

Of course they should be given the retail markup!