The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:57 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Just got a new Super Avenger II will be shipped on Monday International Overnight FedEx. I looked at all the AD's in my part of Canada and they all say it hasn't been released in Canada yet. And that in fact Breitling is on a shut down at this time of year for retooling etc....

Anyone in Canada own one yet? When was it released? Or when will it be released?

Just to diffuse the inevitable "it's a fake" posts. I'm pretty positive it's not. I have a relationship with the seller and its being sold with full manufacturer warranty. Ill know 100% when I see the new e-warranty. Pretty sure those haven't been successfully faked yet.

Can anyone tell me the exact thickness of this case as well? I know it's a little thinner than previous models.

Ill post pics and write up a full and proper review quickly after bringing it to my local AD for insurance appraisal and authentication as per all of my online purchases.

And I can't seem to find any diver pro 3 bracelets yet. My AD basically laughed and wished me luck. I really like the look of the bronze bracelet on the silver dial.

Way too many questions. Most belong in another post probably. All apologies.

Thanks in advance !

Dennis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:16 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Well most Canadian ADs are owned by the Canadian distributor - Grigoros so that's why you are getting a consistent message. Breitling Switzerland is shut down for most of August because of Swiss employment law - nothing to do with retooling, but the watches are available and the only thing delaying them hitting Canadian ADs is the timing of orders from Grigoros and distribution to ADs. Grigoros are a complete waste of space but even they should be able to get the watches to stores by mid September.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:20 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Explains a lot. Thank you. When the AD they were on "shut down" I may have assumed it was for retooling etc as they do at GM in Oshawa occasionally and some mines out here in the west.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:35 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 6 posts
I'm in Alberta and my AD is one of the few that's not owned by Grigoros. In the past, they could usually get watches and accessories pretty fast. Not any more. I have yet to see a single new release in store (typically they get them immediately after Basel).

As far as straps, I ordered two DPIII's... a 22 and 24mm. I think it took nearly 2.5 months to get them. My AD told me they have to go directly to Switzerland for them now, as there is no longer a reliable national distributor.

Not saying anything about the truth of these statements, just repeating what I was told by the owner of my AD.

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the new SA's, Avengers, and Avenger GMT's. We'll get 'em eventually! :)

Cheers guys.

Ross

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:01 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
There never has been a reliable distributor!

Wouldn't be surprised if Grigoros were throttling supply to non-owned stores, especially if they are in competition in a market.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:35 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I was surfing Kijiji Alberta the other day,and a guy there had a Super Avenger II for sale. Claiming its the only one in Canada.
Kijiji Alberta > Edmonton Area > Edmonton > buy and sell > jewellery, watches > Ad ID 515445912
Back to Search | < Previous | Next >
New Breitling Super Avenger II For Sale!!!
Watch | Share | Print | Report Ad

View larger image

Date Listed 20-Aug-13
Last Edited 20-Aug-13
Price $5,490.00
Address Edmonton, AB T5K 1A2, Canada
View map
Be the first in Canada to own this fine example of timekeeping. This brand new model is not released in North America yet. To buy one here you'll have to wait until October.

This item comes with fully activated manufacturers international warranty. As seen in pics.

I'm not going to explain the watch. If you searched it, you know all there is to know about it.

It's been fully appraised and authenticated at Edmonton's only authorized Breitling dealer. I have no issues with getting it re-authenticated for your piece of mind.

$5490.00 firm. Not a bad price if you want to be the first to have one.

Will not ship. Only cash accepted.

Call text or email Dennis. 780-292-4567

This ad was posted with the Kijiji mobile app.
Visits: 64

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:38 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Dennis.

Is that your ad? Just noticed the similarities. Lol. Congrats if it's yours.