Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: QC issues
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:48 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
If i were to buy a watch from an AD but from a foreign country,would i be able to walk into my local AD & have my watch attended to(&replaced if necessary) after showing my authentication papers ?Could they possibly pass the buck back to the AD i purchased it from??

All these QC issues coming up seem to be disturbing for such a top quality watch company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:11 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Kaje,
From what I was told if your watch has issues and is still under warranty you can have it fixed as long as you have the paperwork showing when and where it was purchased.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:46 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Kaje,

I can only tell you what happened to me and I'm damn glad I went with a local dealer. My first Bentley GT was bad immediately and because I was dealing with a local AD they replaced it in 2 hours. The second one didn't develop the discoloration problem on the dial until 5 weeks later but once again they replaced it with the Full sized Bentley immediately and let me pay the $890 difference in price. Now I have a Bentley without defects but if I had purchased the first one from someone like Authenticwatches.com for example I would have had to ship the watch back to them and wait for a replacement. I have heard stories about how long it takes sometimes to get your watch back from Breitling and it can take many months. That would not be so bad if the watch developed a problem after you had it for a year but when it happens while the watch is still new and that is usually when the problems happen and you are really thrilled about owning it, that can be very stressful. I could have purchased that first Bentley GT at the time for $4975 from Authenticwatches.com but I paid $6385 for it with tax from my local AD and it turned out to be well worth the money. I like to save money as much as the next guy but there is an old saying "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" and when you start going for deep discounts you should be prepared to suffer the possible consequences. In my opinion when you are about to purchase a high end item like a Breitling it is probably best to purchase it from a LOCAL High End merchant that has CLASS like the dealer I chose. I now have a Full sized Bentley Motors that I could have paid about $6300 for on Authenticwatches.com but I paid $7275 for it from my dealer. Now that is quite a bit more money but I know this, if this one developed a problem and after all I've been through with them they would not send it back to Breitling and make me wait they would give me a new one NOW like they have proven in the past so that difference in price is well worthwhile in my book. In any event I wish you luck.

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:46 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

deleted

Last edited by B-Love on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:47 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Sorry that was my first post and i posted it on the wrong topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:56 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
Hello Kaje,

a watch bought from a regular dealer should be serviced by any reagular dealer in the world. When You buy a watch online from dealer, who has ordered it via some strange routes, with no official waranty, You will have a problem, when asking for a service.

The only charge that an AD may apply to You, if the watch was bought with another AD is the shipping cost.

Best greatings
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:30 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

thanks guys!!

helpful as always.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:18 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Kaje,

While what others are saying here is true about "Receiving Service" that still doesn't cover the SPEED of the service. When you have a brand new Ling and something goes wrong you don't want to be sending it off somewhere to Bum F--k Egypt and WAITING to get it back. When you deal with a LOCAL, high end, HIGH CLASS dealer if a problem develops you can get the problem corrected NOW ! If time is an issue nothing beats the Local AD !

:fulllingclub: