Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Navitimer World Owners
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:33 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hello to all, does anyone else with a Navitimer World notice that the larger sweep seconds hand does not exactly line up with the 12 when reset? Mine is just a hair to the left and I have seen others at the dealer that are the same and some that are right on. I hope Breitlings QC is not slipping again. Here in CT a few dealers stopped carrying the brand because of this issue a few years back. Any explanations as to why the hand does not line up and any advice on a simple fix, thanx Bob!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:17 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

hmm..sounds like a quality control issue for sure.Post some pics showing the kind of deviation ur talking about.i have seen some worlds but never noticed this.i will compare from ur pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:55 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Bahamabob,

My Nephew and business partner Naviman has a Nav World and I will check his tomorrow to see if he has that problem but he has another problem with it, the other hour hand for the second time zone does not work properly. Other than that he loves the watch. However I can tell you that Breitling DOES have some QC problems these days. I bought a Bentley GT back in May and by the time I got back to my office from the store I realized the hour and minute hands were not working at all only the second hand worked. I took it back 2 hours later and they gave me a new one. 5 weeks later the second Bentley GT started developing a discoloration around the outside of the dial. I took that one back and got the full sized Bentley Motors and I have not had a problem but it took 3 tries to get one that was without defects. I have been wearing Breitlings for 8 years without a problem but these new ones seem to lacking in the QC department. This is why I was glad I bought the watch from a local dealer because if I had purchased it from a discount dealer over the internet and developed a problem I would have had to send it back and wait who knows how long to get it fixed. By purchasing it from a local AD I was able to walk in both times and get the watch replaced immediately even though I paid a lot more than I would have through one of these internet sources like Authenticwatches.com

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:29 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
My Nav World has been fine.... so far.

In terms of QC issues, (and I'm probably wildly tempting fate here!) but I think it's like anything that is made in significant numbers - occasionally you get the odd problem with one or two that slip through the net. I bought my first Breitling about 10 years ago, and have never had a problem with any of them. But I remember when I bought my first one, a mate of mine (who's big Omega fan) started telling me all about his neighbour who owned an Aerospace that was forever at the jewellers being repaired. (Even a couple of rider tabs broke on it). So even back then there were obviously one or two that slipped through. The same thing happens with prestige cars - occasionally you might get a lemon.

But as Acceldebt said, buy from an AD and they will replace / fix things immediately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:11 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I will try to post some pics tonight of the World. Acceldebt, I don't have an issue with the second timezone hand yet (knock on wood). The sweep seconds hand does not bother me that much because when I am wearing it I keep the chrono running. What bothers me is paying for something I believe is perfection and getting something that is anything but. Back to QC issues, I sent me Superocean in for servicing because after winding it one day I clearly heard what sounded like the mainspring snap and uncoil. $500 later I got the timepiece back and there was a gauge on the side of the case. It looks like maybe the watch came loose in their vice as they were tightening the caseback. I didn,t make a big stink about it because I use the watch for what it was made for, I just like to look good doing it. I will always be a Breitling fan as I have sold all my other watches and purchased only Breitlings. I'll get to work on the pics, Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:27 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

OK, here is a picture of my World with the sweep seconds hand slightly off to the left

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:29 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Bob,

My second hand does line up perfectly but my second time zone does not work! Yes Breitling is having QC problems for sure right now. At least the watch tells time and looks great,just all the features do not work lol!! I would send mine in for service if it only took a few weeks but the horror stories I have heard about Breitling's service department make me think twice before getting involved with them on this issue. I will wait until I buy another Ling before getting this one serviced. Good luck with your watch.

Naviman

Post subject: Navitimer World
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:32 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Naviman,

That sucks about the second timezone hand. I live in Connecticut about an hour from the HQ's for the U.S. so I am always on the phone with them trying to ask them questions, (not to helpful), I did manage to get some free VHS tapes and press releases. FYI, I spoke with a rep at Tourneau in NYC who toured the facility in CT and she said a majority of the repair and service people were very, very young and probably have not established a sense of prestige yet when working on a timepiece.

Bob-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:07 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I thought we pay the higher prices when we buy a Breitling because we are purchasing the highest quality product available. Instead, we seem to be buying QC issue problems for our money. I am hoping this problem will be resoved immediately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I'm glad I haven't had any QC problems with any of my Breitlings. I know Breitling had some serious QC problems in the mid 90's, and now for them to have them during the peak of their popularity and rising overall watch popularity could be a huge blow to them.

Breitling are you listening?

Either way, I still love all my Breitlings. :lingsrock:

Welcome to the forums, metro23man, just wondering, what Breitlings do own?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:02 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
I have issues with the second time zone idicator. It works part of the time, and will jump to six hours ahead after a day or so.

No issues with my chronograph features, or the sweeping seconds hand.

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:02 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Brian,

My second time zone has a mind of its own. I see no pattern to what it does. It just jumps all over the place,very strange. I will wait until I get a new Ling before I get it serviced. Did you get yours serviced?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:37 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
Naviman wrote:
Brian,

My second time zone has a mind of its own. I see no pattern to what it does. It just jumps all over the place,very strange. I will wait until I get a new Ling before I get it serviced. Did you get yours serviced?

No, not yet. I haven't had a chance to run it by an AD yet.

Mine hangs up at the 12 o'clock position. It's strange. I was excited this morning when I slid it on my wrist, it was only off four hours vs. the normal six. I wear it every three days, and leave it on a winder on days I do not wear it.

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:16 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Brian,

That is funny. You were hoping it was going to fix itself huh haha!(I tried that myself) Well at least my watch tells perfect time in my time zone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Its like a Free Franck Muller Crazy Hours complication on your Navi World!

Have you guys ever seen it do the hour change? Does it literally jump a bunch of hours at a time.. or does it just not change and only changes sometimes kind of deal?