Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:50 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hello:

First, this is my first post and hopefully not my last on this forum. I am a power user on my two hobby forums and know how important it is to participate. So hopefully I will be of some value along the way.

Ok....now to official business. I am in the process of buying my first Breitling and I am very excited to make my first purchase. I have owned several lower end watches, currently owning a nice Tag Hauer. I have been in the market for several months now and ready to make the purchase once I find the one I want. My heart is set on a Chronomat 41, but they have been hard to find Pre-Owned. I can only afford a pre-owned Breitling at this stage of my life.

To that end, I have found locally, at a Breitling dealer, a pre-owned Chronomat 13050.1 (that's all the info I have) with a White Dial. The salesman unfortunately was of little help with the actual model of the watch and the approximate age, etc. It is in very good to excellent condition and is a 38mm dial, which I really like because I have a small wrist.

Can anyone lend their knowledge and advice on this particular model Breitling? What date range is this model and what exact model is it, etc? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you so much again in advance......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:56 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Welcome to BreitlingSource.

That is a late 90s Chronomat but could be one of a couple of variations - we would need to see it to know for sure:

http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_de ... at_71.html
http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_de ... at_69.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:21 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

tegee26 wrote:
Can anyone lend their knowledge and advice on this particular model Breitling? What date range is this model and what exact model is it, etc? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I'm never sure what the .1 was all about, I think it may be to do with an update to the movement, from 17 to 25 jewels. That places it in the late '90s. Breitling claimed a case size of 40.5mm at the time, but it's actually just under 40mm, quite a nice size.

In about 1999/2000, it was replaced by the a13350 with a COSC-certified movement. That was then replaced by the a13352, perhaps 2002, which had wider bezels around the subdials.

I don't recall if Breitling had the "Windrider" series at the time (which incorporates the Chronomat range today), but it's just called a Chronomat. There were variations on the theme - Vitesse, Blackbird, Longitude - but they are all the same basic watch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:01 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

does it look like this?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:22 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

kromdom wrote:
does it look like this?

Yes, it does look similar to the one pictured.

Many thanks everyone for your replies.....it was a big help.

It does appear to be a late-90's Breitling. I think I may look for one in the mid-2000's? But I am still looking.

Many thanks again......