The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:50 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 17 posts
WatchFred wrote:
yep, 41.5mm

I was going to say that this may be able to replace my Navi 01, but that's a little smaller than I like. However, it's still fantastic; I'm certainly not trying to take anything away from it. As with the silver-dialed Navi World, I'm sure this one wears larger than 41.5mm. It's really stunning.

Navitimer 01- Limited Edition #1337/2000

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:04 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
bozman52 wrote:
WatchFred wrote:
yep, 41.5mm

I was going to say that this may be able to replace my Navi 01, but that's a little smaller than I like. However, it's still fantastic; I'm certainly not trying to take anything away from it. As with the silver-dialed Navi World, I'm sure this one wears larger than 41.5mm. It's really stunning.

the black Mecanique seems to wear as large as my Navi 01 - might be the pride of new ownership, but I see little difference, here it is for comparison:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:07 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 17 posts
You're not helping me, WatchFred . . . I'm trying to talk myself out of finding one of these.

Thanks for the comparison, though. They do look similar in size.

Navitimer 01- Limited Edition #1337/2000

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:08 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

hunting for one is fun, give it a try !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
So Glad you are happy with the watch Jon. I recently picked up a Navi World, which I've always loved too (pic below). Enjoy the Mechanique!

-Jonathan

Cavalieresq wrote:
The review:

First, a note about the packaging. For a watch that's gone through at least two prior owners and at least 10,000 miles of travel, the retro style outer box is in remarkably good shape with only slight wear to two top corners. Really like the throwback styling.

The wood displace box and watch stand are both really nice touches. The wood box is heavy and nicely finished. It's also much smaller than the current Bakelite boxes and is roughly cubical. The stand is a nice add on, even though I know I will rarely use it.

The watch itself is everything I could have hoped for. The appearance is perfect. If an AD sold this to me as new, I wouldn't be able to tell otherwise. It's flawless - not a scratch, ding, dent or other mark anywhere that I can see. This is the first watch I've purchased without an in-person inspection where the watch was better on arrival than I was hoping for.

I really like the way the white face, black markings and gold hands look together. It gives the dial a clean look despite it being a very busy dial, which includes not only the chrono subdials and slide rule, but also the hours/minutes converter. This is my first Breitling with the hours/minutes converter, and I like both what it does and how it looks on the face.

The back is gorgeous. Since it is a manual wind, there is no rotor to obscure the movement, which is fully visible through the exhibition case back. The script around the movement is very well done.

The strap is a light brown croc with deployant.

All in all, it's a lovely piece in every way. Thrilled with the purchase, which was made possible (as Roff noted) solely because of this forum. I owe you guys a debt of gratitude. Thanks again. :bow: :bow:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Fred,

Wow, never really realized how beautiful the Navi 01 was.

-Jonathan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:17 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
None of this helps me to dispel the feeling that I want to start collecting Navitimers...... Truly beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:24 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 4 posts
navi line is beautiful indeed... when i got started with breitling long ago, i was not crazy with the look. ive really really really grown fond of the the line that i just got me a navi world!

Crosswind Special, White
Chronomat 44 B01 LE
Navi 01 LE, Vapor Silver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:29 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Fred,

Your black Macanique looks really great on a Breitling bracelet too. Ran across this pic:

All the best,
Jonathan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
njmaki wrote:
So Glad you are happy with the watch Jon. I recently picked up a Navi World, which I've always loved too (pic below). Enjoy the Mechanique!

-Jonathan

Cavalieresq wrote:
The review:

First, a note about the packaging. For a watch that's gone through at least two prior owners and at least 10,000 miles of travel, the retro style outer box is in remarkably good shape with only slight wear to two top corners. Really like the throwback styling.

The wood displace box and watch stand are both really nice touches. The wood box is heavy and nicely finished. It's also much smaller than the current Bakelite boxes and is roughly cubical. The stand is a nice add on, even though I know I will rarely use it.

The watch itself is everything I could have hoped for. The appearance is perfect. If an AD sold this to me as new, I wouldn't be able to tell otherwise. It's flawless - not a scratch, ding, dent or other mark anywhere that I can see. This is the first watch I've purchased without an in-person inspection where the watch was better on arrival than I was hoping for.

I really like the way the white face, black markings and gold hands look together. It gives the dial a clean look despite it being a very busy dial, which includes not only the chrono subdials and slide rule, but also the hours/minutes converter. This is my first Breitling with the hours/minutes converter, and I like both what it does and how it looks on the face.

The back is gorgeous. Since it is a manual wind, there is no rotor to obscure the movement, which is fully visible through the exhibition case back. The script around the movement is very well done.

The strap is a light brown croc with deployant.

All in all, it's a lovely piece in every way. Thrilled with the purchase, which was made possible (as Roff noted) solely because of this forum. I owe you guys a debt of gratitude. Thanks again. :bow: :bow:

Jonathan:

As you can tell, I'm more than happy with it. The condition of the watch was exactly as described and discussed. It was a pleasure doing business with you. I'm glad our deal worked out so well and so smoothly.

Congrats on the purchase of the Navi World. It's a gorgeous piece. Really dig the 24 hour dial. Wear it in good health.

Jon

Breitling Chronomat B01
Vintage Rolex Air King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:42 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 18 posts
If anyone is interested in an 18k Mecanique (#21 of 100 made) one was listed for sale in Sydney yesterday by a well respected local dealer. Unfortunately I'm not free to buy it myself!

http://www.clockmaker.com.au/w/k3583.html

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:38 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
Congratulations Fred. That is a really nice looking piece. Haven't seen it before either. Looks great on your wrist. Great comparison shot between Navi's.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
Dr J wrote:
If anyone is interested in an 18k Mecanique (#21 of 100 made) one was listed for sale in Sydney yesterday by a well respected local dealer. Unfortunately I'm not free to buy it myself!

http://www.clockmaker.com.au/w/k3583.html

That did not last long.
Was it you Fred ? :-)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:13 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 18 posts
wessa wrote:

That did not last long.
Was it you Fred ? :-)

don't think so, I gave him first dibs via a PM before posting it and he passed on it.

Someone, somewhere will be very happy with that purchase now!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

wasn't me, as I have one of these, as you know, might have been truly tempted by a white dial Hen Mecanique ;) very, very lovely piece - congrats to the new owner !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next