Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:20 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Admin,

See I told you those Panerai gymnasium wall clock watches were bad. Ever since Sportback started buying those ugly things he's disappeared. We haven't heard from Sportback since he started dabbling in those things. Have you had any word from him ? This would not have happened if he had just ventured off into a Carl Bucherer or a Zenith but when someone really goes off the deep end with something like that this is what happens.

:fulllingclub:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:33 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

I've just got back from holidays - it was great - no Internet connection!!

Yes it's true, I've gone a bit crazy about those Panerais - but they're just soooo mean! They're as big as my Bentley 6.75 and each one is pretty much a limited edition - the one that's arriving next week is one of only 400 made, which makes it pretty special to me.

As for the fact that they're like wall clocks - it's all down to personal taste isn't it....

I'll upload some pics soon. As for the Breitlings - I'm still waiting for the arrival of my Avenger Skyland 'Blacksteel' - should be here in early September. I saw a Breitling booklet with a decent photograph the other day and it looks VERY black, which is exactly what I want. Again, pics when it arrives.

Haven't worn the 6.75 much recently, but my gf's sister is getting married this weekend, so I suppose I might wear it for the wedding :wink:

Hey acceldebt, did you see these?

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Good to have you back, sportback!

I really have been eyeing a Zenith Chronomaster myself.. and possible another Panerai.. I haven't owned a panerai for almost 2 years... and the new models are striking my fancy.

Acceldebt, i know what you mean though.. especially with the straps on those Panny's. I think I will have to get a "Full Panny" with the bracelet.

Sportback.. they aren't as big as the Bentley.. maybe they look a bit bigger cuz of the crown protector but as I recall all the bigger Luminors are 44mm and the bigger Radomirs are 45mm. I dont likt he Radomirs personally though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:05 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

I agree - the Luminors are far less 'dressy' than the Radiomirs and for that I prefer them.

In terms of size, the Luminor Daylight (not pictured) that I tend to wear as an everyday watch, is every bit as large as the Bentley - the Bentley looks larger due to it's having a white dial IMHO - without the crown protector, the Daylight is 50mm across (I've just measured it!)

As for the metal bracelet on a Panerai, it's not really what it's all about. The Panerais change strap really easily and as such, it's part of the attraction - and while the metal strap is pretty mean looking, somehow it just doesn't suit the watches, again IMHO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:22 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Sportback,

While you were gone Admin uploaded this track. This is what you would be able to do if you stuck with LINGS. You will enjoy this one because I have a band behind me on this. Good to have you back.

http://breitlingsource.com/images/postp ... antana.wma

:fulllingclub: