The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:01 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and will be a brand new Breitling owner by tomorrow (hopefully).

My heart is set on the Windrider Chrono Evolution model #755. The best my AD in town can do is ~$6,000 tax included. I found it online on one of the sites recommended here for ~$4900 shipped. I'm not sure having the local dealer for warranty is worth $1100, because everyone I know their Breitlings go forever.

My issue is that I'd like to give my local AD the business, but I'm not certain $6,000 is a good deal. It's the best price he'll do, because I asked twice.

Anyone have experience with this and an opinion to a newbie? Also, I can get the Windrider 768 tax included through a friend for ~$6,000, which is apparently low for the rose gold bezel, MOP dial, etc.

Thanks in advance! Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Is that with the Two Tone bracelet as well or all steel bracelet? I would think... good deal wiht the two tone bracelet, not so good with the steel bracelet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:13 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks so much for the rapid response Admin. By chance, have you ever seen the black dial as well as the rose gold bezel and MOP dial together?

I have seen the 755 black dial, but my friend absolutely raved about the 768 with rose gold and MOP. It's much more expensive though.

I guess the only other question is to buy online and save $ over the AD or not. If it were only a few hundred difference I'd go local, but $1100 gives me pause, which is why I turn to you experts for your opinions.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Rose Gold bezel is really nice.. as there is a lot more gold in that one so price is higher. I suppose its up to personal preference. I am not that big a fan of the two tone models except for the Rose Gold/MOP so that is the one I would go for.

I prefer to buy from an AD, but buying online does save money. If you plan to keep the watch for a long time and not change up all the time then buy from your AD.. if you constantly change watches, buy online... that's what I would say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:38 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks again Admin. I appreciate the feedback. I stopped by the AD and really liked the 768. Unfortunately, it's $6500 vs. online at a recommended site for $5600 delivered.

I checked with the online company and they said their watches are brand new, so I'll probably go with them, even though I'm going to keep it forever.

I appreciate the assist. If you can think of anything I need to know please forward on. I'm going to order it either very late tonight or in the morning.

Rob

Post subject: GOT IT!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:14 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

So, after much anxiety and deliberation, I bought my first 'Ling and my first nice watch since 1996.

After seeing this site's referral for www.jomashop.com, I bought a Chrono Evolution (I believe the model number is 767) with the rose gold bezel, black dial, and gold and steel Pilot bracelet. I am so thrilled. It comes tomorrow. I actually got it for $5500, which is $1500 less than what my dealer could offer it to me for. And, I got the black dial, which was my preference from the beginning vs. an ivory.

So, many thanks for the advice. The person at Jomashop was professional and helpful, so I'm cautiously optimistic about the experience and will update after receiving the watch tomorrow.

Here's the link: http://www.jomashop.com/breitling-chron ... -357c.html

The serial numbers online differ slightly from others I've seen, but the woman said that's because they are not an AD and therefore can't post the same serial #s.

I was happy that while the warranty is through jomashop, they send it for service to Breitling for original parts/service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congrats!! That's a beautiful watch.. I have wanted the Roman Numeral Rose Gold/mother of Pearl one for a while now.. but that will have to wait :)