Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Navitimer World
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:47 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
hey, anyone who has a navitimer world,pls do post some wrist shots/pics,found none in this forum so far..also any feedback on its comfort on the wrist etc would help me decide whether to get one

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Naviman has one... there's a video on here somewhere with him and acceldebt in it and Naviman shows off his Navitimer World briefly.. its not that big looking. I tried one on and liked the size personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:41 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Kaje,

The Navitimer worlds are awesome. They are very comfortable. Just so you know they are not waterproof so you cannot swim with them. Even though all the sellers are saying they are waterproof to a 100ft,they are not. I love mine and would not hesitate getting one. My uncle has a full size Bentley and when I put his on I really can't tell a difference in size since the World is a little thicker even though the Bentley is bigger. They both seem about the same on your wrist. I would not worry about it being too big. Get the WHOLE LING! One word of caution make sure you get one with a steel bracelet because if you buy one with a croc strap and want a steel bracelet they are back ordered for months. This was the retarded route I took and it was agonizing lol! Go and get a World and enjoy the heck out of it,good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks Naviman..

i was planning on getting the bracelet as it is,thanks for the warning in any case.My local AD has no World's lying in stock .i tried on the regular navitimer but it wasnt as impressive as this would be im sure.I was planning on a silver face. I saw the Datore too,but the silver face of the datora didnt quite look silver ,looked more like cream. Would the silver on the World be the identical colour as the Datora?

thanks

P.S.: Do post some pics of ur world if possible,thnks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:54 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Naviman wrote:
The Navitimer worlds are awesome. They are very comfortable.

I could not agree more!

Naviman wrote:
Get the WHOLE LING!

But also don't be afraid of getting it on decent croco strap on it either. My World has a blue dial and I chose to had it on blue croco with a deployant clasp as I think it suits the classic feel of the Navi. I know a lot of guys on here really go to town about how bracelets are the ONLY way, but don't be bullied!! :wink:

In all seriousness, if you have more than one watch then a croco stap is just a nice change once in a while. Sure they will need replacing at some point in the future due to wear, but if you aren't wearing it everyday (i.e. if you have more than one watch) they are absolutely fine.

Post subject: Navitimer World
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:42 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I have a Navitimer World. Originally purchased with a leather strap and deployment clasp. Had a bracelt on order for a couple of weeks and received it yesterday.

Nice watch, not as heavy as my Omega or as robust so would not recommend for every day use.

Size wise its perfect. Nicely weighted and comfortable with just enough bling to stand out.