The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:21 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
WILL THE SUPEROCEAN MESH BRACELET FIT MY NAVITIMER WORLD? THE BRACELET ON WATCH NOW IS 24M, AND SO IS THE SUPEROCEAN BRACELET? NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I BUY, AND JEWELERS CANT GIVE ANSWER?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:18 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
Yes, the OC bracelet will pretty much fit anything of the correct lug width. It pretty much fits like a strap would.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

KIAMAN24 wrote:
WILL THE SUPEROCEAN MESH BRACELET FIT MY NAVITIMER WORLD? THE BRACELET ON WATCH NOW IS 24M, AND SO IS THE SUPEROCEAN BRACELET? NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I BUY, AND JEWELERS CANT GIVE ANSWER?

Here's a couple pics.....I'll actually returned the mesh though because, for me, it was a little too much. I have Camel croc and black croc for the Navi World...to each their own though. Enjoy, if you decide to do it.
ImageImage

Boschett Cave Dweller - Grey Dial
Casio G-Shock - Black Dial
H2O Kalmar - Yellow Dial

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:29 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

THANKS, FOR THE FEEDBACK. REALLY LIKE THE MESH BRACELET. ONE JEWELER SAID THAT THERE WOULD BE A PRETTY BIG GAP WHERE THE WATCH MEETS THE BAND, BECAUSE THE NAVI WORLD ROUNDED, AND THE SUPER OCEAN IS SQUARE? BUT I THOUGHT AS LONG AS IT IS 24MM SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

THAT LOOKS GREAT. LOOKS LIKE IT FITS TO ME. LOL ORDERING NOW. APPRECIATE THE PICS.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:41 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

KIAMAN24 wrote:
THANKS, FOR THE FEEDBACK. REALLY LIKE THE MESH BRACELET. ONE JEWELER SAID THAT THERE WOULD BE A PRETTY BIG GAP WHERE THE WATCH MEETS THE BAND, BECAUSE THE NAVI WORLD ROUNDED, AND THE SUPER OCEAN IS SQUARE? BUT I THOUGHT AS LONG AS IT IS 24MM SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM.

The first pic where I have it stretched out gives you a pretty good idea of the gap (or lack thereof). It's no big deal in my opinion....and if you like it, it also costs less than the bracelet actually meant for the World, which never hurts.

Boschett Cave Dweller - Grey Dial
Casio G-Shock - Black Dial
H2O Kalmar - Yellow Dial

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:50 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

YA I FOUND THE WORLD BRACELET GOES FOR AROUND $1,000-$1,500. I FOUND THE THE MESH BRACELET FOR $650.... SO BASICALLY HALF AND I REALLY LIKE THAT BRACELET BETTER. I GOT THE BLACK LEATHER ONE NOW JUST LOOKING FOR A CHANGE....

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:01 pm 

Liked in: 33 posts
KIAMAN24 wrote:
ONE JEWELER SAID THAT THERE WOULD BE A PRETTY BIG GAP WHERE THE WATCH MEETS THE BAND, BECAUSE THE NAVI WORLD ROUNDED, AND THE SUPER OCEAN IS SQUARE?

Really no different than putting a Breitling strap leaves some degree of a gap. I surely don't remember it sitting flush on the SOH or 2 SOHCs I had.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:04 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
sharkman wrote:
KIAMAN24 wrote:
ONE JEWELER SAID THAT THERE WOULD BE A PRETTY BIG GAP WHERE THE WATCH MEETS THE BAND, BECAUSE THE NAVI WORLD ROUNDED, AND THE SUPER OCEAN IS SQUARE?

Really no different than putting a Breitling strap leaves some degree of a gap. I surely don't remember it sitting flush on the SOH or 2 SOHCs I had.

Yeah, it was a bit of a weird comment to make. I would think that it would be more of an issue on the 20mm version due to a tighter radius of the case. I know that ADs are trained that endlinks are custom, but the mesh has been around for long enough now for them to figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 9 posts
KIAMAN24 wrote:
...THE NAVI WORLD ROUNDED, AND THE SUPER OCEAN IS SQUARE? BUT I THOUGHT AS LONG AS IT IS 24MM SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM.

A number of Breitling cases are squared off between the lugs, but the SOH isn't one of them. If you check the pictures of the SOH on the Breitling website, you'll see a gap between the flat edge of the bracelet and the rounded edge of the case. The same goes for the Transocean, which also has the mesh bracelet. That's evidently an intentional look by Breitling for those models, and having it on the World wouldn't be that different. Getting a "true" fit is more of a concern when you're dealing with a bracelet that has endpieces designed to conform to the contours of a specific case. That doesn't apply to the mesh bracelet, though, since - like Breitling's straps - it is designed to fit any watch with the appropriate lug width.