The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:15 pm 
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!

Liked in: 0 post
Driver8 wrote:
RJRJRJ wrote:
I think people are really overreacting here.

Yeah but huge overreaction is all part of a Breitling Baselworld event, RJ! You've been here long enough to know that by now! :wink: :lol:

LOL.. Very true.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:19 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 20 posts
RJRJRJ wrote:
I think people are really overreacting here. Besides Sharkman, how many people here were really planning on buying more than a couple of Breitlings in the near future? Like ive said before, there are some serious duds in the lineup, but there are some seriously nice pieces as well. The good news is that we only need to like one or two of the models. Rolex has some butt-ugly models, so we all just buy our Subs and GMTs and move on. No need to panic just because they make some other ugly ass, boring models. I think Omega has some of the ugliest and least innovative watches around, but that wont stop me from buying a PO. Same can be said for almost any watch brand out there.

I planned on buying more than a couple Breitling's in the near future...but I fail to see what our spending habits have to do with this conversation? The bottom line is Tom is absolutely correct that they are targeting a new market...and I personally believe that the people making the decisions at the top need to be fired. Zenith destroyed their reputation with some outrageously ugly watches; now they are in the process of restructing, they have new management, and TWO AD's have both confirmed of a Zenith price REDUCTION in the May. Imagine the fools who just bought a 36,000 VPH are going to be saying when the price is reduced $1,000 in May....i'd be friggen pissed. Can Breitling be headed down that path? I absolutely believe so and I will not spend any money on this brand...unless it's a crazy good deal on a used piece :wink:

I'm not panicing because of ugly ass boring models, I am panic because of their pattern of bad decisions, lack of innovation, and it's clear they have NO direction.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm 

mfserge wrote:
RJRJRJ wrote:
I think people are really overreacting here. Besides Sharkman, how many people here were really planning on buying more than a couple of Breitlings in the near future? Like ive said before, there are some serious duds in the lineup, but there are some seriously nice pieces as well. The good news is that we only need to like one or two of the models. Rolex has some butt-ugly models, so we all just buy our Subs and GMTs and move on. No need to panic just because they make some other ugly ass, boring models. I think Omega has some of the ugliest and least innovative watches around, but that wont stop me from buying a PO. Same can be said for almost any watch brand out there.

I planned on buying more than a couple Breitling's in the near future...but I fail to see what our spending habits have to do with this conversation? The bottom line is Tom is absolutely correct that they are targeting a new market...and I personally believe that the people making the decisions at the top need to be fired. Zenith destroyed their reputation with some outrageously ugly watches; now they are in the process of restructing, they have new management, and TWO AD's have both confirmed of a Zenith price REDUCTION in the May. Imagine the fools who just bought a 36,000 VPH are going to be saying when the price is reduced $1,000 in May....i'd be friggen pissed. Can Breitling be headed down that path? I absolutely believe so and I will not spend any money on this brand...unless it's a crazy good deal on a used piece :wink:

I'm not panicing because of ugly ass boring models, I am panic because of their pattern of bad decisions, lack of innovation, and it's clear they have NO direction.

Im hoping its more of an expansion than a change in direction. Hoping.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:40 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 5 posts
[quote="RJRJRJIm hoping its more of an expansion than a change in direction. Hoping.[/quote]

I like your optimism, but recent trends don't point in that direction. The fact that they are doing away with the ranges (Aeromarine, Professional, Navitimer, Windrider) points to reduction IMO. Maybe they will create 2 new ranges...

1. Navitimer
2. Crayola

Sigh..... :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:47 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Wow...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:58 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

JustinFournier wrote:
Wow...

haha you've got a lot of catching up to do

Breitling - Chrono SuperOcean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:12 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Despite slagging Breitling for all the crap they've launched, I have to thank them for designing my perfect (99%) watch, the Transocean 01 LE. It's the only Breitling model I've seen in 35 years that absolutely touches the spot. I may never see a nicer Breitling in the next 25 years, in fact it could be the last one I buy (I'm averaging 1 per 12 years). So despite my otherwise appalling criticism, thank you Breitling for designing this beauty, you've scratched my itch to my complete satisfaction!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:13 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Ike, I love you

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:24 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

ike wrote:
Despite slagging Breitling for all the crap they've launched, I have to thank them for designing my perfect (99%) watch, the Transocean 01 LE. It's the only Breitling model I've seen in 35 years that absolutely touches the spot. I may never see a nicer Breitling in the next 25 years, in fact it could be the last one I buy (I'm averaging 1 per 12 years). So despite my otherwise appalling criticism, thank you Breitling for designing this beauty, you've scratched my itch to my complete satisfaction!

You may have a point there. If everyone would buy 3-4 Breitlings in their lifetime, Breitling would be a very successful company. Maybe Breitling with their latest lineup target *everyone* :) They push out a wide selection of designs that to us look like a mess -- but maybe there'll be one or two nice ones for everyone. If we only buy 1 out of 20 new models, it's still 1 sold watch for Breitling. With the old lineup they would still sell 1 watch out of 5 new models, so the end result is the same.

In other words, maybe Breitling use brute force now, and flood the market with various models in various styles. A lot of hit & miss, and it will also alienate quite a few hardcore WIS -- including me, I'm afraid.

BTW, I wonder what ADs would say about the new lineup. I bet they wouldn't be happy being forced to put so many weird styled watches on stock. My Breitling/Omega/Tag AD was already pissed when the SO II and the Chronospace arrived. He said they both look foolish and that they will be tough to move.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

ike wrote:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 18 posts
sharkman wrote:
Quote:
SOII GMT is really horrible in my opinion. It looks like they had some extra cases and movements from the failed Colt GMT+

It appears exactly what they did!! This is the second year in a row I have been quite disappointed with offerings by Breitling. What some of us hoped was an experiment gone wrong (Buck Rogers and Trojans) is taking over the line.

I looked again at this watch. I think it's actually really nice. It's understated with just a touch of color.

Peter

BREITLING for Bentley Motors T & Mark VI, Aerospace
ROLEX Submariner Ceramic116610LN
OMEGA Plantet Ocean 8500 42mm Orange arabics
OCEAN7 LM-3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:25 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 18 posts
RXPete wrote:
sharkman wrote:
Quote:
SOII GMT is really horrible in my opinion. It looks like they had some extra cases and movements from the failed Colt GMT+

It appears exactly what they did!! This is the second year in a row I have been quite disappointed with offerings by Breitling. What some of us hoped was an experiment gone wrong (Buck Rogers and Trojans) is taking over the line.

I looked again at this watch. I think it's actually really nice. It's understated with just a touch of color.

I just saw a live pic -- changed my mind.

Peter

BREITLING for Bentley Motors T & Mark VI, Aerospace
ROLEX Submariner Ceramic116610LN
OMEGA Plantet Ocean 8500 42mm Orange arabics
OCEAN7 LM-3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:35 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 12 posts
:uplaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:38 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
I was thinking of selling my Chronomat B13050 but have decided to keep it because of the way Breitling's watches are changing. I need at least one watch that looks like the classic Breitlings of yesteryear.

Breitling Colt GMT
Omega Seamaster GMT "Great White"
Omega Speedmaster X-33
Rolex GMT Master IIc
Bremont ALT1-ZT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:05 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
jerhal wrote:
I was thinking of selling my Chronomat B13050 but have decided to keep it because of the way Breitling's watches are changing. I need at least one watch that looks like the classic Breitlings of yesteryear.

:yeahthat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next