The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:36 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post

Last edited by ike on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:39 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
RJRJRJ wrote:
I think people are really overreacting here. Besides Sharkman, how many people here were really planning on buying more than a couple of Breitlings in the near future? Like ive said before, there are some serious duds in the lineup, but there are some seriously nice pieces as well. The good news is that we only need to like one or two of the models. Rolex has some butt-ugly models, so we all just buy our Subs and GMTs and move on. No need to panic just because they make some other ugly ass, boring models. I think Omega has some of the ugliest and least innovative watches around, but that wont stop me from buying a PO. Same can be said for almost any watch brand out there.

I don't think it's overreacting but rather a logical reaction. Sure, one maybe intend to by multiple (or any) Breitlings the next couple of weeks but at some point one have said that I like Breitling for one reason or another. Their history, their design, a previous model... One started to connect to the brand and develop emotions toward the brand. If then one discover that the new design o decisions completely contradicts with one's own idea, the normal thing is to get upset.

"It's not you, it's me..." The feeling afterwards is kind of similar.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:12 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
Just catching up on this thread it's interesting as the sister thread on wus is much more positive granted a lot less posters on it. Still interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:45 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

alex** wrote:
Just catching up on this thread it's interesting as the sister thread on wus is much more positive granted a lot less posters on it. Still interesting.

Speaks volumes

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:46 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

alex** wrote:

Speaks volumes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:22 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 12 posts
alex** wrote:

I just read that, I didn't have the energy to give my opinion over there as well. I think that was only the second or third time I've ever looked at the Breitling forum over there. I generally just stick to the Omega section.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:38 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Driver8 wrote:
The Chronomat 41 - simply, what's the point? The standard 43.5mm is perfectly wearable to practically anyone.

That's one of the few things I like with a 2011 lineup.
With a small wrist and preference to wear smaller watches, 2,5mm makes a difference. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:42 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
bnewbie wrote:
Driver8 wrote:
The Chronomat 41 - simply, what's the point? The standard 43.5mm is perfectly wearable to practically anyone.

With a small wrist and preference to wear smaller watches, 2,5mm makes a difference. :wink:

Point taken 'Newb. Millimetres count! :wink:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:39 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

bnewbie wrote:

Same here. With a brushed bezel (or with a now classic bezel from the Evo) I would totally fall for the Chronomat 41. Size-wise and heft-wise it'd be a better choice for me than the 43.5mm Chronomat B01.

I'd also love a Blackbird in 41mm. Chronomat 41 with all brushed finish would be a perfect start.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:32 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
Fiery wrote:
bnewbie wrote:

Same here. With a brushed bezel (or with a now classic bezel from the Evo) I would totally fall for the Chronomat 41. Size-wise and heft-wise it'd be a better choice for me than the 43.5mm Chronomat B01.

I'd also love a Blackbird in 41mm. Chronomat 41 with all brushed finish would be a perfect start.

:yeahthat I agree, with the smaller diameter, thickness and weight should also decrease. I believe the older BB (non-big date) was just under 40mm dia., less than 15 mm thick, and less than 90g.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:53 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I don't anything from the new offerings that do it for me except the TransOcean Chrono and the Navi 1461, and wow do these two do it for me. Regarding the 1461, I've been looking at different models utilizing the caliber 19 for ages but every time I get close to buying I'm dissuaded by the size. I think with all the complications you need a larger dial than the 43mm (Olympus) for readability especially with advancing degenerating eyesight. :roll: It's likely the 1461 will be my next purchase.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:17 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Are we talking a move away from "Big Watch"?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

jerhal wrote:
I was thinking of selling my Chronomat B13050 but have decided to keep it because of the way Breitling's watches are changing. I need at least one watch that looks like the classic Breitlings of yesteryear.

:yeahthat

Breitling Chronomat Blackbird A13050.1 - serie spéciale
Breitling Avenger Seawolf E17370
Breitling Chronomat EVO A13356 - pilot bracelet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:00 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

aleister wrote:
RJRJRJ wrote:
I think people are really overreacting here. Besides Sharkman, how many people here were really planning on buying more than a couple of Breitlings in the near future? Like ive said before, there are some serious duds in the lineup, but there are some seriously nice pieces as well. The good news is that we only need to like one or two of the models. Rolex has some butt-ugly models, so we all just buy our Subs and GMTs and move on. No need to panic just because they make some other ugly ass, boring models. I think Omega has some of the ugliest and least innovative watches around, but that wont stop me from buying a PO. Same can be said for almost any watch brand out there.

I don't think it's overreacting but rather a logical reaction. Sure, one maybe intend to by multiple (or any) Breitlings the next couple of weeks but at some point one have said that I like Breitling for one reason or another. Their history, their design, a previous model... One started to connect to the brand and develop emotions toward the brand. If then one discover that the new design o decisions completely contradicts with one's own idea, the normal thing is to get upset.

"It's not you, it's me..." The feeling afterwards is kind of similar.

:yeahthat too

Breitling Chronomat Blackbird A13050.1 - serie spéciale
Breitling Avenger Seawolf E17370
Breitling Chronomat EVO A13356 - pilot bracelet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:11 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 9 posts
sharkman wrote:
RJRJRJ wrote:

But Rolex has always had those butt ugly models. Breitling had a top to bottom lineup that was quite amazing IMO. I can't say that any longer. It is the direction the brand is going that turns me off.

:yeahthat Besides, at least Rolex has the Sub and GMT. How would we feel if they discontinued them in favor of new butt-ugly models? That's what I see happening with Breitling. It's not just that Breitling is introducing new-butt ugly models; it's that they're doing so while discontinuing, or severely altering, watches that a lot of us consider classics of the brand.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next