Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Buying a Breitling...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:37 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hey guys, Im new to the site and new to watches. Im about to buy either a Breitling Bently 6.75 or a Chronomat Evolution. I went to a watch store the other day and tried some on and got some prices.

I wasnt sure if it was better to buy it from a retailer (with a discount I think the lady was offering 20% or so) or if it would be better to buy it online from a website like http://www.authenticwatches.com/

Could you guys give me some information on which you think is best? If I can find a better deal online and will get the same watch I could get from a store I will do that. Also, if the price is about the same (the retailer gives me a good discount -- since I know they can give discounts) I would just buy it from the store and save myself the hassle... Any information you guys can give me about the discounts retailers are allowed to give or a reputable online dealer would be very appreciated!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:23 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Well, I've done my research and I'm still doing some... I guess on Monday I'm going to goto a local retailer and pick up probably the Bentley 6.75. I guess I will just buy it in person and try to get a good discount instead of buying it online. I hope this is the right move but I'm still not sure if it would just be better to buy it online.

What do you guys think? Monday is only a day away and I've got to make a decision soon. Any information is valuable, thanks guys.

Post subject: buying a Breitling
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:13 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi, Nice choice on the 6.75, I would not buy the watch from authentic watches, some of their watches are de-coded ie no serial numbers :( . The watch will come with a warranty but not the international warranty provided by Breitling.

Go to the authorised dealer, ask for the discount, then walk out with your new watch and a HUGE grin. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:37 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Appreciate it =)

I saw some of the watches on authentic watches did come without their serial #'s so that wouldnt be good. Maybe in the future I will buy something from there as it seems like people on this forum use the site to buy some of their watches and they have a good reputation. As for my first Ling I will buy it in person and many more to come im sure =)

Thanks for the response! Hopefully all goes well Monday.. Im excited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I Agree, 6.75 is the bomb. Will be my next B probably... I'm going to see how much I can get it in the Carribean for and then if its not better than here i'm getting it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:38 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi guys,

This discussion on genuine Breitlings with the serial number removed has raised some interest with me. Are these watches in question NEW? Where do these online shops get these watches without serial numbers? How can this happen?

Somebody please explain.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:34 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

metro23man wrote:
Hi guys,

This discussion on genuine Breitlings with the serial number removed has raised some interest with me. Are these watches in question NEW? Where do these online shops get these watches without serial numbers? How can this happen?

Somebody please explain.

Thanks

Yes, they're new watches.

They get them from Authorised Dealers who can't sell them.

Basically, the AD has to take a certain level of stock from Breitling, (same for other makes too), but either can't sell them all, or need a quicker turnover to aid their cash flow. So they sell them to these on-line retailers, usually at or around cost price.

So that the watch can't be traced back to the AD, (Breitling et-al keep a record of which serial numbers are sent where), the AD usually removes the serial number. This on the basis that if Breitling found out an AD was doing this then they'd loose their dealership.

Breitling not only refuses to honour any warranty on watches without a serial number, they will also refuse to undertake any servicing on them in the future.

Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:00 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sounds risky. Why bother? You still have to pay a few thousand dollars anway, so you might as well pay a bit more and get the full warranty IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:22 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

With authenticwatches.com they actually state in the information list, if the watch contains the serial number or not. These watches are usually about 5-8% more than the watches that do not have the SN#.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:30 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
It would be best to buy from an AD, but not all AD's carry the Bentley series. You won't find an AD that offers 25-30% off.

Speaking from my buying experience, www.PrestigeTime.com carries that piece, and their pieces have the serial numbers intact.

The Bentley 6.75 ranges from $5358 to $6240 on their site.

Best of luck!

~Brian