Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Question about my strap
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:27 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Hello, everyone im new to the forum. I recently purchased a new Breitling Montbrillant Olympus. It came with the stainless steel strap. I was wondering if anyone knew if I am able to change the strap to perhaps the croco version? Also how much does the croco strap cost? I know some people would say the usual, ask a jeweler, but I since this is a ling fourm, I might as well test the waters here first. Thanks in advance for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I'm rather fond of the bracelets on Breitlings... and like to keep them that way. A New Croco strap with Deployant is about $650 from a dealer, less online. Beware of fake Croco Straps, however. The Croco tang straps are $350 or so I believe. There are online dealers that sell them.. can't think of any off the top of my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:45 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

breitlingsource wrote:
I'm rather fond of the bracelets on Breitlings... and like to keep them that way. A New Croco strap with Deployant is about $650 from a dealer, less online. Beware of fake Croco Straps, however. The Croco tang straps are $350 or so I believe. There are online dealers that sell them.. can't think of any off the top of my head.

Yes, that's true. The stainless steel strap is timeless, but I think it is just chaffing my wrist alittle too much. I think my wrist can breathe alittle better with a leather or croco strap. My Montbrilliant has the whiteface, I was thinking of a green croco strap to replace the stainless steel one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:31 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

defiancekofb,

STRAPS are UNACCEPTABLE here. IF YOU ARE NEW LEARN THAT NOW ! WHY in the world would you want to take a beautiful Ling and put it on a STRAP ? Also, if you are having problems with "chafing" how would attaching a DULL, LIFELESS, STRAP that BREATHES LESS than the bracelet to your Ling do you any good ?. The bracelet allows considerably more AIR to your wrist than a DEGRADED Strap ! "Chafing" has NOTHING to do with the FINE Ling Bracelet you are now wearing. If you can't see that the LING needs to be on a bracelet please read the post from some time ago about the "Foundation For DEGRADED LINGS" As it stands right now you don't have a WHOLE LING but you have a respectable Ling. Please don't turn it into a DEGRADED LING !! We can always work on getting you fitted with the FULL LING later. I'm tired of being a nice guy here so I will just say it, Don't SCREW Up What Is Not Even a Whole Ling Yet !!

Mossy, give me some help here

:fulllingclub: