Very Rarely 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Never 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: every day except...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:43 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
My Evolution is never off my wrist except for the 10 minutes I am in the shower every day. I just love this watch. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:37 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Isn't it waterproof enough? (Or do you have a VERY deep shower) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I never shower with my watches on.. soap builds up in them and gets gucky... and then u dont end up cleaning your wrist.. ew. :lol:

Post subject: Showering with a Ling
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:32 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Sportback,

I can see you need more help than I thought. When I first got a Ling back in 2000 I was told that I should just leave it on all the time. I was very happy with the watch and wore it in the shower and just left it on all the time. After a few weeks if you wear it in the shower, you start to get a build up of soap residue between the links in the bracelet and in other areas. The proper way to keep your Ling in top shape is to rinse it off and lightly run a tooth brush over it in the evening with a little mild soap, I use shampoo. Then you dry it off and set it down for the night. This way in the morning when you put it back on it's perfectly shiny with no residue from perspiration, dried specks from opening carbonated beverages, smears etc. When you get your Whole Ling in a few days here KEEP IT CLEAN ! Living in the tropics we deal with heavy humidity too in the summer. When you get up and get dressed in the morning there is nothing better than putting on a CLEAN Ling. When is the Whole Ling supposed to arrive ?

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:43 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Monday afternoon (Toulouse time...)

With regard to leaving my watch on all the time, I can't - it seems my girlfriend is fed up being bashed over the head by my watch when I turn in my sleep...

However there are certain advantages in this - when I try to find her in a crowd, I simply look for the bezel marks in her forehead...

Phrases like "Bordel de merde Ian, enleve ta p**** montre ce soir" come to mind...

She tried on my Chronomat Evo once and luckily I was close at hand - her left wrist dropped down and would have hit the ground if I hadn't managed to have caught it - luckily no damage to the watch...it was a silly experiment - she's only 1m45 so she's that much closer to the ground than me...

EDIT: Just heard my AD has received my baby - will be in Toulouse tomorrow (Saturday) - pics published this weekend!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
WOO! Sportback can't wait to see your new Ling. I have my diamond bezel on the way for my Evolution, so I will have my 7/8 of a Ling soon. It will have the double rows of diamonds, top and side of bezel, so it will be pretty sweet.

I'm gonna be working on getting that Motors T now... but I am considering trying to score a Lemans with the 24hr dial. Might be pricey though since they are limited and I would have to find someone willing to sell one.

Post subject: More Whole Lings
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:14 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Admin,

I tried to buy a Lemans last week on ebay. As it came close to the end of the auction ebay ended the auction not the seller so something was wrong. I want one of those Lemans versions too I like that 24 hour deal. Make sure you post pictures of the 7/8 of a Ling when you get the bezel. That thing will be great even though it is 1/8 short of a whole Ling. Also, make sure you make arrangements to have a source for a good polishing job if you get the Motors T. After a month with it you will realize that the watch needs rehabilitation and you will need to get that brished portion polished out. It would be a shame to have a Bentley and not have it qualify for Whole Ling status !

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:29 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

i got my watch 2 weeks ago and been wearing it everyday ever since, but i think its a bit flashy for daily wear so i am working on a breitling bentley series and probabely wear that on the weekdays and wear my chrono evo on weekends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:04 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Wore mine every single day for the past 10 years - a SuperOcean with stainless steel bracelet. Black dial. The bracelet finally broke and the link cannot be replaced unfortunately. I am going with a rubber bracelet for the time being, regardless of what anyone thinks I do like the looks of the rubber, although not as well as the stainless I do admit. I digress.
I never, ever got tired of wearing that watch. It is now in for a complete "overhaul", the spring on the bezel needs to be replaced but a cleaning etc. Even after 10 years, I would at times during the day still look at my wrist and admire how well the watch looks. Every few weeks I give it a thourough cleaning with Sunlight dish detergent, and that stainless steel really sparkles. I am going to upgrade the watch soon to a Cockpit, and I am sure that I will get the same, if not more pleasure out of it. I really don't want or need 2 watches, I find the Breitling in suitable and appropriate for all occasions.
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:26 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
I will put my new Navitimer World into the roatation. I like wearing a different piece each day. I usually wear my favorite on the weekends twice.

24 hours away from receiving the FULL LING!

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:07 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
sportback wrote:
Monday afternoon (Toulouse time...)

With regard to leaving my watch on all the time, I can't - it seems my girlfriend is fed up being bashed over the head by my watch when I turn in my sleep...

:lol: Funny stuff Sporty.

Hope your watch arrives soon and is all that you hope it is.