Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I don't feel quite as strongly as you regarding the Croco, as I do like Croc deployants, even though i do not have one currently... but what I do want to say is that at my AD, I dont think the straps are even ever on the watches... every single watch in the showcase is on a bracelet it it seems!

Post subject: Croco
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:06 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Admin,

Down here in South Florida the largest Breitling dealer has a whole showcase full of Navitimers with Leather bands and no Steel bands. They have Bentley's with metal bracelets and Chronomats etc. but the only metal band they have available right now is a Rose Gold Nav World for $27,000. We looked at other dealers for a Nav World with the Steel band and nobody had one. When we met the Bretling Rep last week at our dealer store he confirmed that Steel Bands are back ordered and in great demand with a wait time of 4 to 6 weeks.

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:24 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

The croco strap is nice but it just takes away from the whole watch. I think when you get in to the larger mm watches you must have a steel bracelet. All the Breitling dealers down here in Florida have pretty much all leather or croco bands. The steel bracelets are back ordered 4-6 weeks is what Breitling is telling all their dealers because I have called dealers out of state as well and nobody has them. I could have purchased a black faced Nav World with a steel bracelet but I really wanted the blue face and I could not find one with a steel bracelet other than on-line and I did not want to buy on-line. I am kicking myself now for not buying the black face with a steel bracelet but I guess you live and learn!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Naviman, they wouldn't take the bracelet off the black faced one to go with your blue face Navi World? That's strange.. they usually allow that out here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:32 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

The dealers down here would not switch bands from one watch to another,trust me I tried that. They said that each watch has matching numbers along with the bracelet. They said it would void the Breitling warranty if they altered the watch in anyway. I do not know if this is true but that was the excuse I heard several times. Well when everything is all said and done at least I will have the combination I wanted. It will be worth it in the end. The Breitling rep we spoke with at Mayor's(the largest dealer down here) said that the Nav World bracelets are back ordered and that is why you are seeing a lot of them with leather and croco bands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:58 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Naviman wrote:
The dealers... said that each watch has matching numbers along with the bracelet. They said it would void the Breitling warranty if they altered the watch in anyway.

This is nonsense - sorry, I'll qualify that, this is nonsense here in France - when I ordered my Chrono Avenger the distributor only had it on a Diver Pro strap but had a Titanium Pro ll strap that had been ordered but never collected - they simply swapped the straps and mailed it to my AD. (I know as I was listening to the telephone conversation...)

I've found Breitling France most obliging - to the extent that when I mailed Switzerland with questions, it was Breitling France who rang me with the answers. Swapping a strap is hardly rocket science - I suggest that it's perhaps the local AD who doesn't want to get left with a bunch of what he sees as "unsaleable" straps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:50 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

That is what I thought but you are probably right that they did not want to get stuck with something they could not sell right away. I have a brand new black croco deployment band and I called several dealers about swapping one for the other and I would pay the difference and they all just laughed at me lol! That just shows me how undesirable the leather bands are,not even the dealers want them!! Down here in Florida we are seeing mostly leather bands which is strange because our climate is not good for leather bands. The only Nav World I came across that was not a leather band was an all rose gold(that one is on my wish list lol). Hopefully my steel bracelet will be here shortly.