Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Is is just me or ....
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:18 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
My Super Avenger is my very first chronograph and over the past couple of days have been using the chronograph to time a few odd things. I'm having a hard time telling the exact elapsed time. I end up guestimating the results.

Just curious if anyone else have the same problem.

P.S. Ling Man is my Super Avenger considered a full Ling? I love your video clips keep them coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Well, the main second hand is a second totalizer, and the sub dial at 12 is the minute totalizer, it counts up to 30 minutes, and the sub dial at 6 is the hour totalizer, coutns up to 12 hrs.. so if you read the dials it will tell you how many.. if its over 30mins the hour totalizer will go over the half hash mark so you will know if its 40mins or 10 mins.

Post subject: Whole Ling
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:02 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Jerome,

The Super Avenger is WITHOUT A DOUBT A WHOLE LING ! I love those Super Avengers. I had to get used to my Bentley Motors first though but now when I go to my AD here and try on the Super Avenger it's great. I'm used to the diameter now of my bentley so I like the additional thickness of the Super Avenger. My nephew Naviman wants one too he's got a Navitimer World that's great but he wants the Super Avenger because it's great and it's waterproof where the Navitimer is not. Another good thing about them is the price because you get a WHOLE LING for abouut half the price of a Bentley. I want one but I haven't decided yet what my next Ling is going to be because I would really like to locate a Bentley Lemans. WELCOME TO THE WHOLE LING CLUB !

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:06 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

[quote=" if its over 30mins the hour totalizer will go over the half hash mark so you will know if its 40mins or 10 mins.[/quote]

Admin,

This little clarification was exactly what I needed. Anything pre 30min. marker is read from the minutes totalizer and anything past the 30min. one is obviously a combination of both. I got caught up trying to figure out a 49 minute timing.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ling man, Glad to know that I'm an official member of the whole ling club. The only thing is I actually have to get used to my 40mm watches after wearing this 48mm wrist clock for an extended period of time.

Post subject: Whole Lings
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:59 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Jerome,

This is something that Sportback will soon experience since he got his Bentley. When I go back and put on my Chronomat at 39 MM it looks like a ladies watch to me. Anything 46 MM or more is satisfying once you are in the Whole Ling Club. Now even the Chronomat Evolution 2 tone with the Roman Numerals seems small to me and I really wanted one of those until I got into the Bentleys. Maybe in a couple of years when we go back and put on one of those old Half Lings it will be a nice change of pace but right now I just can't get excited about any of those models anymore.

:fulllingclub: