Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Say it aint so....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:20 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Just been flicking through the Breitling models pages and ii says that the bezel on the CA is uni-directional, That means the thing should turn both closkwise and anticlockwise right?

Mine only goes anticlockwise!!! and always has....is this right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:02 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Mossy,

Where the Hell have you been ? I think you are stopping off at that Bargian Booze place where you got the lighter too much. Last time we spoke you were going to put the bracelet back on the CA. I was expecting pictures of that watch with the bracelet back on and a polish job. What's the deal ? Do I have to start harassing you again ?

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:58 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Abusing the lighter fuel heh? - The rot has started..."uni" means single, as in unicycle...think about it - ever seen a unicycle with more than one wheel?

Sorry, got carried away there - uni-directional means it will only go in ONE direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:58 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

oh no, the shame of it all... I've just publicly been a "bit of a div" havnt I??

I guess it comes from working too hard in a business where products marked "uni" equate to them being universal.

Cheers Sportback, you have every reason to get carried away.

Apologies Ling man - I posted on another topic that I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow, so I've been working flat out trying to hit all my deadlines before I go. I have swapped out the leather strap in your honour but didnt realise that you required photographic proof. I'll do it if I get time before I go, but cant promise anything, taking 3 young kids on holiday is like a military operation - and requires lots of planning :D

As for the polish job - NEVER!!! :D

Seriously tho, dosnt titanium go yellowy green when you polish it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:40 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hope the attached photo helps in terms of your query regrading polishing titanium.

The answer is no it does not turn greeny / yellow :D it just goes all blingy and shiney :wink:

The watch in question is an Oris TT1 1,000 meter master diver, titanium. I refurbed it myself which meant rebrushing the satin areas and re-polishing the centre links of the titanium bracelet.

Hope that helps

Paul

Post subject: Polish
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:42 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Mossy,

Yes I want to see a picture for proof that you have rehabilitated your Ling. Now while you are on vacation don't spend too much time at that Bargain Booze place. When I get over there one day you can show me around the Pubs though and by the way what is the best Creme Ale ? we get Tetley's over here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:56 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Waddingtons - without a doubt!

And as for polishing things - jeez, don't give acceldebt ideas - this is the guy that goes around strangling lizards to wear - sartorial elegance my a*** :lol:

Post subject: Lizards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:41 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Sportback,

I don't have my camera with me right now but later I will make a video to show you what I made out of the Gator I strangled last weekend. I didn't know you were an animal rights activist, are you a Vegetarian too ? I don't know if this is true but if it is it kind of puts you in the same category as those Hair Dressers !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:00 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

No! Oh no, not a HAIRDRESSER, please not that - I plead mitigating circumstances - and the fact that I drive an all-metal (and VERY SHINY) german car...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Those Audis are nice! I always have fun riding in my friend's S8... but I usually ask him to drive his other car... don't even ask what that one is :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:03 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Quote:
When I get over there one day you can show me around the Pubs though and by the way what is the best Creme Ale ? we get Tetley's over here.

Okay, now were talking about something I am an expert on :D

Creme Ale? Tetleys is pretty good, certainly one I would choose, but I prefer Cafferys which I'm sure they must sell over there especially when you consider that every american i've ever met seems to be half Irish after a few pints

I'd love to show you the ropes - The Creme Ales are a good transition over to "Real Ales" which is what I drink and if you like Tetleys I'm sure you'd love them. We have 8 pubs in our village (was 9 but one closed) all selling cask (real) ales.

A pint in each pub is known as the golden gallon :D

I must say I am pleasantly suprised that you like the creme Ale, I would have assumed from your taste in lings that you'd prefer something that comes in an ice bucket (polished).. I used to work for an American company over here and a lot of my coleagues were american and they would only really drink our beer when we forced them (, which we always did :D)

Maybe there is hope for you Lingman - If you can appreciate proper English beer you may one day apreciate the sheer understated class of an unpolished timepiece on classic leather........are we moving too fast here?... maybe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:43 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Mossy,

I discovered creme Ale about 4 years ago. My local Grocer was carrying Boddingtons, then they started carrying Tetleys, these 2 are the only ones I have ever had over here. After tasting the Tetleys I liked that one best. But then the Tetleys disappeared and now all we can get at the stores is Boddingtons. Some pubs have Tetleys but it's hard to find it in stores. I have a business that is heavily internet based and I had a webmaster from England, he taught me a few things about Ale and REAL English style Fish and Chips. We have a pub here called the Blue Anchor that my English friend tells me is the real deal. He designed their website, check it out.

http://www.theblueanchor.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:48 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Well if were showing each other our anchors - heres mine.

http://www.spingoales.com/

We spend a lot of time down in Cornwall and when I'm there I always frequent this place.

Your pub looks pretty good, I'd definately go for a decent beer if I'm ever in Florida. The menu looks good too, although for me, the peas with the fish and chips would need to be mushy, but that does depend on which part of england your from :0)

Only bad thing I can see is that they call their chips "Anchor Fries" Chips is chips mate, but the food still looks better than the fancy stuff we seem to get over here. These days its all pesto and olives, on beds of focaccia.

Inside looks great, may I reccomend the London Pride (middle pump in the panoramic) This was my baptism beer and is still a firm favorite - have you tried any of the Real ales there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:14 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Mossy,

I have not been there in quite a while and at my age the consumption of Ale is limited. It's not that I don't like it but I get SEVERE hangovers now. I can only pull it off about 2 or 3 times a month now. I would like to try that Caffery's stuff though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:16 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I know what you mean, I was a very heavy drinker on my 20s, and me and my pals were renowned for being party animals. These days I'm virtually tee total and I cant drink anywhere near what I used to. I sometimes miss those crazy days.

I dunno if they sell Cafferys in cans here but if I see them I'll send you one (and drink the others :wink: )