Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:33 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Admin,

First I want to commend you on what a fine job you are doing with the site. Just look at how much progress we have made over a few short months. Sportback is getting the Whole Ling, Mossy has promised to put his metal bracelet back on his Ling and you yourself are making arrangements to get the Whole Ling. The site has many very helpful features now like articles, Ling models, info on bracelets etc. I thought that it would be helpful to form a foundation of sorts for the rehabilitation of Degraded Lings to add to all of the helpful info that is already here. Degraded Lings are Lings that are still on Leather bands, unpolished Lings, Lings with Red Dials, old 38 MM Lings, Lings on "Roleau (bullet)" bracelets and other horrible degradations that unfortunatley show up from time to time even with people that have risen to the coveted position of Ling owner. The Degraded Ling Rehabilitation Section of the site would deal with helping degraded Ling owners with some of the following issues.

1. Info on where to obtain metal bracelets.
2. Sources for polishing out brushed Lings.
3. Low interest financing sources for metal bracelets or Whole Lings.
4. Dial replacement if you have a red dial Ling.
5. Counseling and support to help deal with the HORROR and depression that follows after the Ling owner realizes that his Ling is degraded.
6. A hot line that they could call for counseling immediately upon realizing that they are a degraded Ling owner
7. Tips on developing the patience to WAIT until you can afford the Whole Ling so you don't run out and get a Half Ling (we have all been through this)

Of course we would add many more services, these are just a few of the more crucial issues that degraded Ling owners need help with.
Let me know what you think as I would be happy to volunteer a portion of my time to assist with this important service.

:fulllingclub: