Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:41 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hello,

I just purchased a chronomat evolution, which I love. The question I have is: as I am used to a watch with the second hand moving, can I just leave the chronometer running indefinitely, i.e., set it in motion then screw down the crowns and just let it go? Or is it supposed to only run for a certain amount of time. The watch just looks like it is stopped when the second hand is frozen at 12 all day. I was thinking of starting it at noon, that way all of the totalizers would read as the current time. Thanks...

Post subject: Second Hand
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:35 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Chronomatter,

You can leave the second hand running. What I do when I leave my second hand running is I wait until the small totalizer that runs all the time reaches the 12:00 O Clock position and then hit the button for the large second hand. This way they both cross 12:00 at the same time. I read somewhere that if you leave it running all the time the watch is off by a second or 2 more each day than it is if you leave it off but that doesn't matter. Naviman has a Navitimer World and he leaves his running all the time and feels the same way you do.

:fulllingclub:

Post subject: Thanks...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:15 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thank you! Obviously that is the answer I wanted, but it is good to know that someone else has my particular preference and has successfully tried it. I must say I am a little disappointed at the thoroughness of the Breitling manual that came with my watch. For $4K I kinda want all my questions answered. (I didn't even realize that the top and bottom totalizer were part of the chronometer feature at first, I thought only the second hand was!- maybe a sign of ignorance on my part, but this wasn't explicitly stated in the manual.) Hence the usefulness of this site! Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
You may expreience a slightly more inaccuracies in time, but when I tested it it wasn't that bad, also keep in mind also that your power reserve is less when running with the chronograph on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:06 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Chronomatter, show us a picture of your Evolution. :D

Post subject: pic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:32 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

It looks like I cannot show an image off my hard drive, only from a url. It doesn't show up in the preview when I type in the image path. Is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You need to upload the pics to a pic hosting service such as flickr.com in order to post them... its the limited ability of this forum software unfortunately! :(

Post subject: My new Chronomat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:42 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I hope this works... This pic was taken outdoors, so it isn't all that great. At least you can see the totalizers all on time!

I guess you cannot link to an individual picture with flickr, oh well. Thanks everyone for your answers to my questions. Enjoy..

[admin: I fixed it for you chronomatter]

Post subject: Evolution
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:33 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Chronomatter,

By looking at the picture it looks like you took my advice and pushed the button to start the large second hand right when it reached the 12:00 (check out the picture lurkers). That way the 60 second totalizer and the large second hand ride the 2 dials at the same time. I get a kick out of doing the same thing with my Bentley but it offers a different thrill for Ling Freaks like us. The Bentley Motors model that I have has a "30 second Chronograph" this means that the large second hand travels around the entire dial in 30 seconds VS 60 seconds and the small 60 second totalizer still revolves at 60 seconds. This means that the large second hand travels a complete revolution while the small one only goes half way. I didn't have the heart to tell my FRIEND Sportback that he was missing out on this feature because I was so thrilled that Naviman and I had a new member in the Whole Ling club when he got his 6.75. In any event it's good to see that we have another POSTER here instead of a bunch of WIMPY "Lurkers" that just read our posts and don't have the Ba!l's to respond to my ABRASIVE posts. With this in mind I will tell you that I am an unusual GENIUS with TELEPATHIC powers that tell me that I have a "partner in crime" and I am happy to have you aboard. Let me fill you in on the DEAL here and I will do it by describing what to expect from the top posters here.

ADMIN -- He's a great guy but YOUNG and inexperienced, still wearing Flat Front slacks not pleated with his Lings. He has a problem with high end Croco shoes yet he CONDONES Croco bands on Lings. Now this may seem like a lot for you and I to swallow but in actuality he's a CLASS ACT. He's very dedicated to LING afficionados and he provides very useful info.

Sportback-- He's a really good guy and one of the WEALTHIEST members of the WHOLE LING CLUB, if you ever need a LOAN for a bracelet to replace a perverted or DEGRADED leather band or maybe a polish job on a BRUSHED Ling just send Sportback a PM and he will consult me and Admin first and then make a decision. If you display favorable behavior, Admin and I may be able to get Sportback to float the loan. Now you have to understand that this is based on you having B!alls and not being a "LURKER" that just sits in the dark and doesn't respond even when something you see really upsets you like the stuff I post. You see Admin and Sportback actually agree with me in most cases but they don't respond publicly because they are just not the kind of guy's that you and I are. That's OK though.

Mossy--- He's a super great guy from England and he is the type of guy you would want on your side when you are in deep SH!T, he's a bad ass Englishman that has spent a lot of time in those wonderful PUBS over there and he loves Lings !

Well, Chronomatter,

It's great to have you aboard and I expect some ACTION here NOW. This forum is interesting, informative, valuable and thought provoking but it's certainly NOT EXCITING. Maybe you and I can change that. Admin, Sportback, Mossy, Naviman and I are counting on you to NOT BE A LURKER ! So respond OFTEN !!

Post subject: timing...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:28 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hey acceldebt,

I like your sense of humor, and your voice (from the clips) fits for a connoisseur of fine watches. Since I have had the chrono running full time the watch runs about 3+ per 24 hours. Not too bad, and I am glad it is fast for I hate to be late, being early is ok though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I still maintain that pleated slacks give me big-butt syndrome! Glad to have you aboard though, Chronomatter! Ling Man (acceldebt) is one heckuva character... keeps us all on our toes here doesn't he? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:59 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

...and forget the loan...I've got an A5 in my sights...

Post subject: Yeah
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:24 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

See Chronomatter,

I told you I was a telepathic guy. Now it looks like we have a new member of the team here. Now we can start having some fun. We will need to start getting you ready for the "Whole Ling" club, you will need a Navitimer World, a Super Avenger or a Bentley for membership. Or you can do like Admin and just get a Diamond Bezel for your Chronomat and that will get you a temporary conditional membership.

Post subject: Loan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:26 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Sportback,

I was just getting ready to send you a PM and ask for a loan for $30,000 US dollars for the Gold Bentley. I can pay you back in about 3 months what do you say ? I'll even throw in 8% interest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:13 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Admin,

What's the latest on the Bentley purchase ? I want to make a suggestion here. Get the Bentley first and then get the Diamond bezel. The reason I say this is because once you get the Bentley the 3/4 Lings are not going to see much action anyway. Just ask Sportback he looks at his Bentley every 30 seconds. Also, I think this new Chronomatter guy is going to be a good addition to the club. Have you heard anything from Mossy lately ? he's disappeared for the last 2 weeks.