Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Women's Breitling
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:02 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I'm female, and new to this site, but am looking for some help. I've wanted a Breitling for a good while, and am very lucky in that I'm being treated to one as a present, however the only women's Breitling I've come across is a bit 'bling bling', ie diamonds round the face. I just want a classic Breitling. Can anyone let me know if Breitling do a range of plain women's watches? Or failing that are there men's watches which would suit a woman? I have a very small wrist and the mens watches that I've tried on so far look too out of proportion.

Also, is it possible to buy Breitling on the web? I don't really want to go the ebay route, but I live in Ireland and as far as I know there's only 3 jewellers in the country that stock Breitling.

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Islander,

Welcome aboard!

My wife and I have done a lot of shopping around as she has become interested in the brand. My wife leans your way, finding the diamond bezel a bit too dressy for every day wear. Instead, she prefers the steel or two-tone bezel. The current Lady Cockpit lines have some non-diamond bezels, but even the simplest dial has a few diamond hour markers. The Starliner model has dials without the diamond markers in several different shades of mother-of-pearl. Finally, the Colt Oceane II has several "plain" models from which to choose. It is also my understanding that your AD (Authorized Dealer) can order any dial/case/bezel combination you can create within a particular line. So just because a particular combination is not pictured in the catalogue, does not mean it's not available.

If you do choose the second-hand route, there are some older models -- the Callistino (29mm) Callisto (34mm), B-Class (31mm) or Colt Oceane (33mm) may appeal to you. The older Colt Oceane is probably the "plainest" of the bunch. This site has some information on those models, and a simple web search may provide you with some more.

Unfortunately for you, it's been our experience that most (if not all) of the models look WAY better in person than they do in photos. And there is no substitute for handling a watch in person and trying it on. That having been said, I understand how inconvenient and costly this could be for you.

As for buying online vs. visiting a dealer, I encourage you to search the posts on this site. That topic has been discussed from every angle with people in your exact predicament. Take your time and read a bit, then you can make amore informed decision.

Once you look through what's available and narrow it down a bit, people here may be able to provide photos of something specific, or help you track down a specific model from a dealer.

Good luck! Just make sure you enjoy looking for one as much you will wearing it, and you'll have a blast!

Coral Club Founding Father
:coralclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:57 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Welcome!
I actually looked at, a couple of weeks ago, a few of the Windrider Starliner stainless steel ones. I think they have about 5 colours with a Mother of Pearl dial. There were quite a few other small ones at my AD as well. The detail on them I think is incredible. They are too small for a man, but just looking at the "miniature" version of the bigger ones gave me a lot of pleasure. It seems that Breitling has quite a few models for females.
I also saw a Super Ocean Heritage at 38mm, it looked pretty small. I think it is about the smallest mens Breitling. I looked amazing though with the blue dial and the silver heritage bracelet.
Happy hunting!
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:07 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Very welcome to the crazy place! :)

MoreCowbell's post pretty much says it all. Just remember that if you feel uncertain about anything, just ask. This forum is very friendly and helpful - I still haven't seen a single bad question/reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:05 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Welcome. You have come to the perfect place.

Morecowbell seems like he already broke down the options for you. Hope taht info helped!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:05 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi

Many thanks for the welcome, and all your replies, they've been a great help, and are helping me narrow down which Breitling I want. I'm visiting my nearest AD next week, so hope to try a few watches then. I have to admit I did waver for a bit, and was half thinking of getting another brand of watch, but I can safely say I'm now definitley going for Breitling.

Once again, thanks and I'll let you know how I get on.

Islander

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:19 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
My wife has a Cockpit Lady and she is just like you - wanted something classy without the bling factor - ended up with a two tone black face with the 8 diamond configuration - definitely eye catching and classy without being ostentatious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:04 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

There is also a smaller version Superocean Heritage in 32mm I think. Might be big for a woman, but big is in these days.

:pcacborc:
:threequartslingclub:
Navitimer o1 LE
SuperOcean Steelfish
Bathys 100Fathoms Aquaculture
RXW MM20
RXW MM25
Seiko Sumo
Seiko Orange Monster
Movado series 800 diver
Thanks
Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:05 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
TxKarateDude wrote:
There is also a smaller version Superocean Heritage in 32mm I think. Might be big for a woman, but big is in these days.

It's 38 mm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:23 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

i swung by the ad with one of my co-workers one day and she tried on a monbrillant datora, it looked pretty nice. i think a woman could pull off a lot of the 40mm and under watches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:49 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
Hello, and welcome aboard.

You might consider looking at the Montbrilliant. It's very small at 38mm, and looks nice on a small wrist. My wife tried one on, and it looked great on her wrist.

Cheers-

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:58 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi -

I just purchased the Cockpit Lady this past weekend, diamond bezel and all. The face also has 11 diamonds for hour markers. Bracelet is two-tone (SS & 18K gold).

You should still consider it. It is not flashy or ostentatious at all. In the store and in pictures, it may look too bling-blingy, but once you put it on, you really don't feel like the watch is shouting "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" It is very subtle, but once people notice, they really notice. And in a good, respectiable way. And they can't stop looking at it. They're drawn to it like moth to a flame. :D

I've worn the watch to the office all this week and so far, no comment yet. My boss is the only one to have noticed, but only because I've been in quite a few meetings with him, sitting right across from / next to him. I see him looking, then sneaking another look, then another look. I'm not looking for comments, so this is just fine with me. I bought the watch for me, so everytime I am on the computer, I just glance down at my wrist and smile.

I did try on the all-gold Rolex with diamonds in the face and on the bezel. I was almost blinded by all the diamonds. And it was $33,000. OUCH! Now that's some serious bling!

I really like my new watch. I love how hardly any women have Breitlings. We had actually gone into the AD to get a battery replaced for my Tag, and walked out with Breitlings for my husband and me. Hubby has wanted a Breitling for the longest time, and now we both have one. Needless to say, we are both a bit giddy this week.

Linda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:16 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
Flynbyu wrote:
Hello, and welcome aboard.

You might consider looking at the Montbrilliant. It's very small at 38mm, and looks nice on a small wrist. My wife tried one on, and it looked great on her wrist.

Cheers-

~Brian

I'll second this, I've seen one on a young ladies wrist and it looked fantastic. FWIW, hers is steel on steel bracelet, white dial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:39 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
NUMathGrad wrote:
Hi -
I really like my new watch. I love how hardly any women have Breitlings. We had actually gone into the AD to get a battery replaced for my Tag, and walked out with Breitlings for my husband and me. Hubby has wanted a Breitling for the longest time, and now we both have one. Needless to say, we are both a bit giddy this week.

Linda

Sounds great! I'm happy for you, and happy to hear that the watch sensation isn't something that strikes men only... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:54 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi, just to thank you all for your advice and let you know I made my decision and have ordered a Lady Cockpit, with black face and stainless steel bracelet. My local AD didn't have that one in stock but have ordered it for me, so I should have it in 2-3 weeks, and already I'm counting down the days till it's finally on my wrist!